Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz and VT-x technology

Studenttech1

Baseband Member
The "practice" computer I have has, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz and when I look on this site ARK | Advanced Search going down the list it indicates that yes this CPU has the virtualization technology.

When I installed the VMware a few days back and tried to run Linux the VMware popped up this message:

Ubuntu 64 bit-VMware Workstation

This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems, however, 64-bit operation is not possible

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution'.

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Workstation.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

----------------------

I assumed at the time when it said power cycle my machine that I just needed to reboot/restart it.

I was unsure about what it meant about disabling 'trusted execution'.

I ended up uninstalling VMware, and of course went through the whole other issue of that partitioned disk space.

Anyway, I want to attempt to reinstall VMware back onto the practice machine, but needed some input on how to make sure the VT-x is enabled or how to find out where to disabled 'trusted execution'.

Look in the BIOS for Virtualization options to be enabled.

Also, look in your VM properties / VMWare settings to see if VT-x is able to be enabled there.

Back
Top Bottom