drivers for windows vista

NTechR

Solid State Member
I recently downgraded my home pc from win 7 ultimate to win vista home premium,and this is when the problem started.I have an xbox 360 which i use to stream music and movies from my pc,but when i try to my o/s insists i need to install a specific driver,but as of yet and with a lot of search i haven't found the correct driver,does anyone have any ideas

Why exactly would you downgrade from Win7 to Vista?

Check your device manager to see which device needs the drivers...

I down graded as I didn't have the money to pay for 7 ultimate a second time and the driver that i require is for my xbox 360,going thru device manager doesn't help as i have tried that approach numerous times,have even spent a day sifting thru microsft.com support site still to no avail so I thought i would try I.T forums as someone somewhere should be able to help.

I'm not sure how to help you with this problem. I haven't had to mess with vista for a long time. But what do you mean having to pay for windows 7 a second time. You shouldn't have to. Windows Vista is a very problematic OS. It was one of those in between
Os,s kind of like ME. Really not a good system at all. Maybe if you can post the name of the driver I could locate something for you.

this is rumour control here are the facts: win7 product keys are only usable once and i moved an lost mine and when i had to do a system rebuild on my pc as i built it initially i didn't have the key to use for the reinstall,so that is why i used vista home premium and whenever i have my pc on now and the xbox gets turned on so one of my kids can play,i get a window open on my pc saying install correct driver which then precedes to not actually load the driver,so what i am asking for is that some one be able to point me in the right direction as to where i might possibly be able to find the right driver to resolve this issue,the driver allows me to use the xbox video player to watch movies that are on my pc,yes i know media centre is on there as well but certain films won't play on windows media centre,predominantly MKV files,and in all honesty i have never had any issues with vista being problematic as I also have it installed onto my laptop.

Next time that pops up, go into Device Manager and find the entry with the yellow flag on it. Post the name of the entry here.

Do this as well: right click the entry > Properties > Details tab > under 'Property', select Hardwar Ids > Post the info that says VEN_####&DEV_####&SUBSYS_####, where the #### is an alphanumeric combination.

We need to know exactly what it's looking for in order to find the "correct driver" for you.

As far as the MKV files... have you tried installing a codec pack? Try K-Lite: Download K-Lite Codec Pack

UBM\\VEN_0125&DEV_0001&REV_0001
UBM\VEN0125&DEV_0001
this is the information that came up and I hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom