*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark Vantage Rankings*

I'm actually going to go back to my 6970 crossfire setup when the cards come back from RMA simply because eyefinity works and nvidia surround doesn't. I need to get some benchmarks done though before I sell the 690.

I'm actually going to go back to my 6970 crossfire setup when the cards come back from RMA simply because eyefinity works and nvidia surround doesn't. I need to get some benchmarks done though before I sell the 690.

Eyefinity and Surround both suck equally as far as practicality. Either way, how is that relevant to a 3DMark thread ;)

Because we were discussing how we cool our 690s and I mentioned that I bought the 690 for surround which isn't ideal on nvidia thus bringing the conversation back around to me not keeping the 690 after I do some benching with it :)

Because we were discussing how we cool our 690s and I mentioned that I bought the 690 for surround which isn't ideal on nvidia thus bringing the conversation back around to me not keeping the 690 after I do some benching with it :)

Lol ok that makes sense. I have a measily 580 SLI so I ignored the uppies with their 690s :D

On the subject, I have used both and I think they both suck. 3 monitor gaming is just hyped nonsense IMO. For racing I have more immersion planting a wheel in front of my 120" projector. I have played on a wheel setup with 3 24" 1080p screens and it looks like stretched nonsense.

when you let go of it be sure to let me know! :cool:

Well I'm running at 4.6ghz gaming stable. Gonna push for 4.7 tonight and see how it performs. At 100% load it's getting up to around 60c. They weren't lying when they said these ivy bridge chips don't cool well.

Funny story, vantage pretty much crashes your machine if you don't update the systeminfo app that comes with it.

When using win8 that is.

There is no such warning in 8. I just decided to google it after having it lock me twice and found it.

Back
Top Bottom