My first computer build.

HeroesNeverQuit

Beta member
Well i have never built a computer. What im looking to do is play and stream league of legends on it. Currently i have an intel i5 2nd gen in a laptop. Its nice and all and has nice Ram (8gb). It simply doesnt cut it due to the video card. The video card is mounted onto the Processer so trying to even play league of legends at 1080p puts me at close to 25 fps. With out the second screen and at only 1600x900 (i think) it runs close to 45fps which once again isnt really that great.

So i figured id build a pc. My budget is about how much my laptop costed me. Which was 600 dollars. Anyways i think im going to go with AMD over Intel for the sole reason that AMD processers are a bit cheaper. And i dont think i need a really fast processer for what im trying to do. I think its because i dont have a dedicated video card which is holding back my PC by a lot. I would like it to dual screen but if it cant then thats alright.

So without further ado my list of parts. Now this is my first build so bare with me here. If you think theres better bang for my buck then please do recommend away as i do want this to last for awhile.

Processer: AMD Phenom II X4 965 quad core
Motherboard:
Case: NZXT Apollo Black SECC. Now im not sure if that will work. It came with dual fans though and was only 70 dollars so i figured it would be cheaper.
Power Supply:
Memory:
Ram:
GPU:

Current Cost: $269.97

The things i left blank are things that i just dont know what i need. Anything listed also isnt set in stone. If theres something better for the price then please do recommend.

So what i want from this computer. I want to be able to play and stream league of legends. Currently my i5 Gen 2 isnt cutting it and i believe its because it has an onboard Video Card which i have looked into replacing. Its a laptop though and the video card just so happens to not be removable. That and the fact that this computer is pretty beat to hell anyways. I will be playing in 1080p and hopefully streaming in 480p although 360p is fine as well. Im looking for stable 30fps on it while streaming. Currently my i5 gives me anywhere from 18-30 and it just spikes up and down constantly. I would prefer that it had an HDMI port as thats what i currently use to hook up my moniter although i can buy a VGA cable if i absolutely have to. Dual screens would be nice as well but not a deal breaker. I do already have a nice keyboard and mouse so i do not need to replace them. I also have speakers.

I will be getting a new HDD. I plan on selling my laptop once i get this desktop.
It wouldnt let me post a new post without mod approval. Work arounds FTW i suppose.

Last edited:
Im probably going to just sell my laptop. So i am going to need a new one. I definetly dont need anything large though. Like 250gbs is probably even over doing it. I mean i use spotify for my music. And i only play league of legends and stream. With web browsing of course.

Back
Top Bottom