Advice needed! Adding to my current build. Questions regarding RAID.

We think the same lol. If price never drops, I'll go ahead and pay a little more for the Asus name. But, if it's true that this drops under 500 every so often.. I'll gamble.

I gamble with things around 150 bucks. Just wont risk half a grand on something that could die rather easily or have dead pixels. I bought my Samsung 23" when it was retailed at 300 but I bought an open box one off Newegg for 155 and turns out it was completely brand new. I did the same for my first 24" Samsung. Got both stupid cheap open box and they were never even opened.

Yeah, I was thinking open box monitor would be alright, but couldent be sure. Glad you had a good experience with yours. Check these out and give me your opinion :D

This one is not an open box but.. Samsung S24A450MW
SAMSUNG SyncMaster S24A450MW Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LED Backlight Height & Pivot Adjustable LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 1000:1 Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

ASUS PA248Q
ASUS PA248Q Black 24.1" LED Monitor - Newegg.com

Dell US Dell U2713HM
Newegg.com - Open Box: Dell UltraSharp U2713HM Black & Silver 27" 8ms (GTG) IPS-Panel HDMI Widescreen LED Monitor 350 cd/m2 DCR 2,000,000:1 (1000:1)

probably not, but hey, might aswel get all the use out of my card I can. I'm using a dell 22in 1050p atm.

Heres what i'm going to get. I decided to stick with my current cooler and forget about adding another SSD. No point for what i'd be using it for and if I downloaded a corrupted file to it it could still get to my C drive.

Anyway..

Monitor: Newegg.com - ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD 3D Monitor Height&pivot adjustable 350 cd/m2 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers

HDMI - DVI cable Kaybles HDMIDVI-6BK 6 ft. HDMI to DVI Cable with Gold Plated Connector M-M - Newegg.com

140mm Fan to replace my two front 120mm fans.
XIGMATEK XAF-F1453 140mm White LED Orange Case Fan Ultra Quiet Copper Bushing Axis Aeronautical Oil System Bearing - Newegg.com

Why did you get the cable? The monitor supports dual link DVI and you most likely already have a cable for it.

I would look at the BitFenix 140s. I got a 200mm Spectre Pro and I've heard really good things about them. It'll be replacing the 200mm in the front of my HAF. Tired of that junk.

Back
Top Bottom