Take a look and help me refine my PC build for me please before I purchase

Alright, thanks, I'm still looking for better prices. I'm trying to keep it as close to 500 if I can. The total for the above parts linked by you was around 672, I also want to upload videos to Youtube through my Xbox but I don't know if you need a super beast PC for that.

Well people keep telling me you do, in order to render/edit videos or something and to run the required programs/cap card, and that it needs to be a good PC or it will be really slow and take forever.

My current PC Specs.

Processor AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 4200+ dual-core processor with AMD64 Technology
2.2 GHz
2000 MHz system bus
L2 cache: 512 KB ×2

Memory
Installed: 2048 MB DDR2 533 MHz (PC4200) (two 1024 MB modules)
Expandable to: 4 GB

Video Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 6100 graphics
Up to 128 MB of shared video memory

Audio Integrated 8-Channel (7.l) High Definition Audio

Hard Drive 250 GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA II hard drive with 8 MB cache)

What would you suggest for doing what I want? And my internet is 25/5.

It's not required. I edit videos that are typically 40+GB in size which is an hour or more worth of BF3 gameplay recorded at 1080p 30FPS. All you need to do is use Handbrake to downsize it using the "normal" profile and a 30-40GB file will be around 2GB with very very minimal loss in quality. If your card will be recording in MP4 format or something compressed like that then a few hours worth of 360 footage wont be that large. So rendering or editing wont be too much of a hassle. Honestly, if your budget is that low you have 2 options to reduce price. Lower the CPU or lower the GPU. The build you have in the OP will do exactly what you want it to do. If you want to game more on the 360 then you can reduce your GPU to something like the 7770 which is about 80 bucks cheaper or so. You can also get the i5 3330 which will reduce the price further. Then instead of the Z77 board (which isn't needed unless you have the 3570k) you can grab an ASRock B75 board which will run about 54 bucks.

Now you should be in budget =)

It's not required. I edit videos that are typically 40+GB in size which is an hour or more worth of BF3 gameplay recorded at 1080p 30FPS. All you need to do is use Handbrake to downsize it using the "normal" profile and a 30-40GB file will be around 2GB with very very minimal loss in quality. If your card will be recording in MP4 format or something compressed like that then a few hours worth of 360 footage wont be that large. So rendering or editing wont be too much of a hassle. Honestly, if your budget is that low you have 2 options to reduce price. Lower the CPU or lower the GPU. The build you have in the OP will do exactly what you want it to do. If you want to game more on the 360 then you can reduce your GPU to something like the 7770 which is about 80 bucks cheaper or so. You can also get the i5 3330 which will reduce the price further. Then instead of the Z77 board (which isn't needed unless you have the 3570k) you can grab an ASRock B75 board which will run about 54 bucks.

Now you should be in budget =)

Is there a guide I can look at to do this? I wanna do this with this computer currently, until I can save up more money. What hardware do I need? Editing, etc.

Since a super PC is not required, I want to do it with this one.

Well reducing size on Handbrake will take a while on your PC but it is still doable. You just need to download Handbrake from here and install it. When you bring up the program you'll see on the right "normal" and just leave it clicked if it's already highlighted. Selected your video source and start. I can make a tutorial video but it wont be that high of quality.

Well reducing size on Handbrake will take a while on your PC but it is still doable. You just need to download Handbrake from here and install it. When you bring up the program you'll see on the right "normal" and just leave it clicked if it's already highlighted. Selected your video source and start. I can make a tutorial video but it wont be that high of quality.

That'd be cool. What is Handbrake though? An editing software? Software for a capture card?

Cus, Imma need this software, editing and software that comes with a cap card...

sounds like a lot.

Handbrake is a free video encoder and one of the best. You just give it a source video and it pops out what you want.

It isn't really a lot if you are saving money. Think of how long it would take a slow PC to convert or edit a 40GB+ raw file as opposed to a 2GB file.

Back
Top Bottom