OK HDD's are getting very hot now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the taller the tower , like mine , the more you can run. requires a lot of power.
most systems become unstable because the psu cant handel the load being asked of it and it is usually the last component looked at . antec supplys will give a lot before they burn up , and cause the most damage to the mobo and other related parts ..vid..hdd.dvddr....even ram

what that means ...is an antec power supply will hold out the longest before you will need a new one! the best i have ever bought! i have been running a 250 w for about 2 years now and never had a problem with it! and yeas i have it loaded to the max!

i'm running everything in my case, plus alot of lights, 10 fans, 1CD-drive, and a 600mhz+ overclock...on a 330watter Enermax. been running solid for over a year now, rails still stable. I think Enermax makes great PSU's, along with Antec, OCZ, ConnectX...and a few more. it's a "switching PSU" though. and if i am correct can supply up to 410watts of power when needed. some weirdo function, but i imagine at that kind of stress level rails would be considerably low.

Nvidia fan boy said:
how many hd's are you using though?

Single Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Buffer, running on SATA150. get ~74GB/s bandwidth with it, was getting like 30GB/s when i had it on ATA133 lmao. So glad i decided to try SATA, made a big difference performance wise.

Nvidia fan boy said:
so your just using one? thats why your not stressing your psu.

yah...jsut one. but HD's aren't the only thing that stresses PSU rails. Overclocking will majorly, and running alot of cooling will. Take a peltier for instance, runs on it's own seperate PSU just to have enough power to cool. I imagine everything in my rig plus the overclocking of RAM, CPU, and Mobo...probably uses about 90% of my PSU's power. But i dont plan on any upgrades as of yet, so buying a new one is somewhat pointless unless this one starts acting up.

true. but from the original topic his hd's are prolly heating up cause his psu sucks and it cant handle the tensin of everything else.

Nvidia fan boy said:
true. but from the original topic his hd's are prolly heating up cause his psu sucks and it cant handle the tensin of everything else.

ah, sry i thought u meant something else. that would seem to be the problem, also the fact that his HDD's are running at a bus speed that exceeds normal and draws even more power than a normal RAID0 setup would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom