Razer Orochi Vs. Logitech M510

LuckyLucario99

Solid State Member
I'm am planning to buy a new mouse for my computer and am having some trouble deciding between the Razer Orochi and the Logitech M510.

I like the Razer Orochi because it has both a wireless and wired mode, it comes with a case, it has 4 extra buttons that are fully programmable, and it has a lot of customizable options. On the downside it is pretty small and I prefer mice that I can grip with my whole hand.

I like the Logitech M510 because it is large, but it lacks in other ways against the Razer Orochi. It has only 2 programmable buttons, is only wireless, doesn't come with a case, and doesn't have as many options.

The fact that it has less buttons isn't too big of a deal, I only use 2 extra for the most part, but since it only has a wireless mode if I can't switch to wired mode to save batteries. I'm also not sure if the M510 has macros but I know the Orochi does. I have used smaller mice before and they tend to make my wrist cramp up after 15 minutes of use.

Any suggestions would be helpful, and tell me if you know a mouse that has the features of the Orochi and the size of the M510.

There's an updated version of the MX510, the G400:

G400 Optical Gaming Mouse - Logitech

I've owned the G400 and the Razer Orochi and I can tell you I definitely would not use the orochi as my main mouse.. Much too small. And heavy. The batteries really weight it down.

G400 is by far one of the best mice I've ever owned.

A couple of questions about the G400:

1. Does it your hand fit around it well?

2. Are you able to create and set macros to the buttons?

3. Is the cord to long? When it comes to wired mice I don't like it when the cord is too long because since I use a laptop it ends up hanging off the edge of my desk.

Also, is it big enough for a person with larger hands?

1. yes
2. yes
3. It's.. decently long. I'd say it's a good six feet long

My hands are pretty large and it fits perfectly.

Thanks for your help, I will most likely be getting the G400. I like how the end of the G400 curves down while the Orochi curves up. It feels more natural to curve down since that is the way your hand curves, going up feels unnatural.

You're welcome.

it's a very good mouse. For the price it simply can't be beaten ;) The only reason I'm using the mouse I am now (Razer Molten) was because I got it during the half-off sale :tongue:

Might wanna try out the Razer Naga 2012 or Naga Epic edition while you're at it. Their both pretty great. The only difference between the two is that the Epic can be wired or wireless and you can change the color of the backlighting.

Those things are like... Double the other two in price though. If he can find them on sale then sure. Otherwise i really have trouble recommending them :tongue:

Double the M510 / G400, yes. But he did say he was looking at the Orochi, which according to Razer is $69, and you can get the normal naga for like $60 through amazon. Anyhow, if you're looking to stay in the G400 price range then I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you have / are willing to spend a little more, give those a go.

Back
Top Bottom