Emachines E442 Laptop Screen sometimes doesnt turn on, Systems always locking up

odyssey_sales

Beta member
Hello, I have an emachines e442-v429 laptop.

The main issue with this laptop is that when turning on the system, sometimes the monitor doesn't power on, and I have to keep powering off and powering on the system until finally after a random number of tries the monitor powers up and then the system begins to boot into windows (Windows 7)
Now that is only problem number #1.

Problem number 2 is once in windows (if the system even makes it that far)
the system is really prone to locking up, especially if the laptop is knocked or jarred or bumped in even the slightest, but most of the time it just locks up on it's own and then I have to power down and start problem 1 all over again.

Now there are rare times when I can get this system to work like a charm, watch movies, surf the net, play games, the whole nine yards, at least for a few hours, then the problems start all over again.

The following are the things that I have currently tried.

1.upgraded the processor from a single core to a Dual core
2.Tried upgrading the Ram from the standard 2GB, here is a link to my installed ram (ACR256X64D3S1333C9 2GB 204p PC3-10600 CL9 16c 128x8 DDR3-1333 2Rx8 1.5V SODIMM RFB, Kingston, CNF, ACR256X64D3S1333C9 - MemoryTen)

to 8GB of the same, The laptop doesnt seem to respond to the new ram, even though its rated for 8gb.

3.Ive flashed to the latest Bios

Ive even taken the system apart and checked for any loose connections.

nothing I've done has solved either of my problems, if anyone has any solutions about how to solve the intermittent display and the constant lockup issues, as well as possibly how to get my 8gb of ram to work in this system it would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

Do you still have the original RAM installed as well? I would try removing the original sticks just in case.

Since you've replaced the RAM, CPU, and flashed the BIOS, I would point to either a videocard or other general motherboard issue considering what it's doing.

Back
Top Bottom