How to Tranfer backup drives

Runfox

In Runtime
OK I built my new computer, transferring my old win 7 computer to wife. Wife had an old WinXP computer with a backup drive. I want to get that back up drive or at least the data from that drive into the win7 comp but the backup drive was formatted in Win XP. What the answer?
I am going to put said backup drive in an external case and see if win7 will let me access it to transfer the data. I don't know what else to try.. help???

Re: Hwo to Tranfer backup drives

Your last sentence is the answer. Just put it in an external enclosure (or hook it up directly to your motherboard if a desktop) and let windows pick it up. Should be able to access the drive just like any other drive.

Ok back to square one. Backup drive is in portable Roswwell case, connected to WIn7 comp, windows notification ," Installing device driver software", still churning. Not successful. So back to my problem, How do I get files from a Windows XP computer onto a drive in a windows 7 computer. Because Windows will not accept this drive in a portable case either. I could put the drive back in the old WIn Xp computer but hen what????

How about Acronis true Image, I have a copy of the software. Could I put the drive back in the windows XP machine and make an image of it that I could then put the image onto the drive in the Win 7 comp??

Back
Top Bottom