System Devices--HD Audio Driver--Yellow Flag

earwicker7

In Runtime
I'm getting a yellow flag in Device Manager under System Devices--High Definition Audio Driver. I haven't noticed any problems at all with audio, but it's got me wondering what is going on. Any ideas on how to find out? Here are the messages I see.

General
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Under events, there are two clickable fields:

Device Configured
Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAA0&SUBSYS_AAA01002&REV_00\4&f2959ff&0&0118 was configured.

Driver Name: hdaudbus.inf
Class GUID: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Driver Date: 07/25/2012
Driver Version: 6.2.9200.16384
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: HDAudio_Device.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF2006
Matching Device ID: PCI\CC_0403
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false

Device Started
Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAA0&SUBSYS_AAA01002&REV_00\4&f2959ff&0&0118 was started.

Driver Name: hdaudbus.inf
Class GUID: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Service: HDAudBus
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:

Try downloading the newest drivers from ATI for your graphics card. www.ati.com

Sounds like the audio driver for (possibly HDMI) from the card is not working properly; and it looks like it's a Windows-update driver (shows it's from Microsoft rather than ATI/AMD).

To the best of my knowledge, yes. I'm having no problems at all getting audio, and the audio device shows up in the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers section.

There are a few other instances of High Definition Audio Driver listed under System Devices... I'm not at home right now, but I think there were a total of three or four of them listed. I wonder if the installation package installed multiple redundant versions?

By the way, I think the drivers are from Asus, not ATI... the motherboard I have has audio on it; at least that's where I'm plugging in my optical cord.

Going by this string: Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AAA0

The VEN code points to ATI, hence why I suggested to update your graphics drivers w/ audio.

Try finding what brand / model your audio chipset is (i.e. Realtek) and go to their website for the most up-to-date drivers.

It is a Realtek... I got the drivers from the ASUS website. I checked Realtek's website and they said that their drivers don't feature board-specific features, and should be used with caution.

I'll just run Driver Sweeper on Realtek and ATI and reinstall everything. I'll let you know if that doesn't work.

And it's back. It was fine right after I installed the drivers, but it's yellow again. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom