confused on crossfire X - AMD Radeon HD 6570 (XFX Pine Group)

well didn't completely !@#$ up my system this time, I was able to boot into OS this time and didn't have to repair from scratch.

here is what I did.

downloaded the software package from AMD.com AMD Catalyst

installed driver sweeper

installed .NET 4

ran sweeper and removed drivers... reboot

ran sweeper again to verify 0 drivers installed...

ran catalyst

blank screen after about half way through..

went out for a smoke and came in and hit enter a few times (maybe needed to finish and reboot to take effect)

no reboot so restart via hardware..

loaded win 8 with the obvious no drivers installed look (everythings big and gommey)

ran driversweeper again and AMD drivers are installed but no catalyst to be found.

ugh this is getting frustrating, im not the brightest guy in the world but I don't see what im doing wrong here. looked around for known issues and found none so im stuck and not sure what to do...

edit:forgot to take out second card ... I hate doing stupid stuff.. running again...

Last edited:
I don't want to be the smartass in somebodies bowl of cereal here, but this is exactly why I don't recommend AMD at all.

ha ha ha I never will either this just seems like a lot to install drivers or update software. good news is that taking the card out worked perfectly so now just gotta put the other one in and enable and good to go.

thank you sooooo much PP for all your help man. really helped me out, I was about to throw this machine out in the snow..

Thanks

Russ

Back
Top Bottom