confused on crossfire X - AMD Radeon HD 6570 (XFX Pine Group)

Russd772

Solid State Member
hello everyone,

I am building my first PC from scratch and trying for a low end gaming PC. I bought a barebones kit online and a hardrive (because was not included in kit) and a second graphics card. the graphics card is a XFX6570 part code HD-657X-ZDF2 which advertised crossfire X ready. so when I get them theres no "goldfingers" to connect a bridge to... I installed the catalyst software with both installed and speccy (a program for monitoring system info" comes back with crossfire X disabled. also theres supposed to be an area in catalyst to choose the cards your linking which was not there.

so I did some research and the cards apparently are not crossfire X ready like advertised, they are good for "dual graphics" which is fine because the processor is an AMD FX 4130 which has some GPU ability. so I removed one card and I am now trying to set up the dual graphics and im not sure where to begin.

Mobo = M5A97 LE R2.0 (Socket 942)

I don't have any onboard VGA or DVI connecors which leads me to believe no onboard graphics.. all of the info I have read about enabling this says to turn init graphics to onboard, and I don't have that option in bios.

any help would be appreciated

any other info needed I will gladly supply

Thanks
Russ

Last edited:
So you have 2 6570 cards together? If so, then the Crossfire option should come up in CCC. You're using the latest WHQL off AMD's site right?

Edit: I should also mention, these 2 in Crossfire will cause a ton of micro-stuttering. It would have been better to simply get a better single card.

Last edited:
It does come up, but no option to select the cards, and that speccy software says crossfire X disabled. maybe its wrong? is there any way to tell in the system? also using a dual monitor setup and had both plugged into same card (one VGA one DVI) im not sure if that is an issue as well. WHQL? sorry im not that tech savvy and most acronyms throw me off.

Thanks
Russ

WHQL, official non beta drivers off the AMD site. If Crossfire is selected and on then it should be working. Try using GPU-Z instead. I don't trust Speccy.

every time I tried to install the latest drivers from the site it crashed my system and I had to either system restore or install windows again. I used the links through the software that came with the card and it brought me to the website where I could install the latest drivers.

I know a better single card would be better but I already have these and trying to make em work best I can. since one came with the kit I just got a duplicate to run the crossfire.

Uninstall the current drivers first then install them.

I have tried that also, I will check the site instead of using the media, maybe that's the issue.

but what your saying is pretty mugh its plug and play and just need to install drivers and use catalyst to setup and I should be good to go?

Thanks
Russ

edit: should I keep both monitors on 1 card or plug each monitor into its own card?

Crashed my system again installing new drivers. Went to the site this time:mad: ..... Not sure what to do at this point.

Back
Top Bottom