building a gaming pc

tango6

Beta member
have been reading a lot on here. I want to build a pc for elder scrools online and maybe ever quest 2 if anyone is still playing that game. I bought a bunch of stuff for my first build. can someone please tell me how I did.

EVGA geforce gtx 650 ti
asus sabertooth motherboard z77
intel core i5 lga1155 3570k
windows 7
Seagate 2tb hard drive
cd/dvd drive
corsair cx600m power supply
cpu cooler hyper 212 plus
Ballistix 8 gb memory
Phantom 410 cpu case.

and some extra 120mm fans and some red lights to make it look pretty.

thanks for any input

Dan

You don't need a 200+ dollar motherboard for this setup. Actually, I would drop the i5 to the 3330, the board to a B75, get some G.SKill RAM instead, drop the Hyper 212, get an SSD and up the GPU to a 660 or 660ti.

I already have everything. so I take it its overkill. and the motherboard was under 200 bucks thats why I got it.

Well you could have got an ASRock B75 board which would do the same thing for around 54 bucks. In games you want more GPU power over CPU power. That 650ti will run what you want to play but I doubt it'll max TES Online at 1080p. Also, any modern computer should have an SSD. So yea if you already purchased the parts the CPU/Mobo are way overkill.

can you return the mobo and gpu? assuming it's unopened and a nominal restocking fee, you could end up much further ahead.

Named off what you should get in my first post. Depends on what your ending budget is, but I suggest ending up with a 660ti. You don't need aftermarket cooling and you should really get an SSD.

That being said, go with a B75 board and either an i3 3220 or i5 3330.

Back
Top Bottom