New fan vs Fan Adapters vs new HSF

Can't see that on the iPod I'll check it out when I get home. And you know, I suppose you're right, I have seen hotter chips. The thing that worries me is it never used to sit that high even on load.

Stock fan, same thermal paste since 2005 when it was bought 0.o

Dip your hetsink in soapy water. When you spray with that crap in a can it leaves a film layer that dust sticks to. When you spray it again it doesn't take off everything but leaves the appearance that it's clean.

I do this for all my heatsinks and rads. Sometimes cases too if they are that nasty. Make a nice big sink full of soapy hot water and dip that **** in there. Move it around vigorously to make sure you get everything nice and soapy. Take a scrubber of some sort that has long bristles and make sure you get every inch. Then rinse it off with hot water. Use a towel to dry what you can then take a hair dryer to make sure it's completely dry. Boom, like new heatsink.

awesome, ill do that soon, I only cleaned it with the air can once or twice, I normally use my dads smaller air compressor, as that is free air :p but I will clean everything when I get the new thermal paste. thinking about re-doing the GPU with better thermal paste as well.

awesome, ill do that soon, I only cleaned it with the air can once or twice, I normally use my dads smaller air compressor, as that is free air :p but I will clean everything when I get the new thermal paste. thinking about re-doing the GPU with better thermal paste as well.
That's the first thing I do when I buy a new GPU.

Makes sense (even though you have probly bought many more gpu's than me. My last was a GeForce fx 5500 agp, and that with the radeon are the only ones I have bought)

The xfx radeon hd 4550 I have came with only a heatsink, best buy wouldn't let me check it out before hand. At the the time $60 was all I could spend, so it was a sweet deal, it plays almost everything I play cranked. Almost. I want to overclock it, but double lifetime warranty says no. Only product I have ever registered for the warranty for. If I could find a better hsf for It I would overclock farther than the driver limits, but I have been unsuccessful in finding one

Lol nobody can tell if something has been overclocked. I have returned to Intel an i5 that I had under single stage phase and fried the hell out of. Told them all I had was the stock CPU cooler on it and it just died on me randomly. Boom, it's how I have this one.

I had an XFX 7950GT that I volt modded and bios modded with a very heavy OC. Volt modding back then was done with solder on the PCB. They replaced that too. I would be willing to bet if you managed to fry that 4550 they would send you something better back.

Haha really? I was always under the impression that people can tell if you overclocked! Would it raise an issue that this gpu doesn't require a connector from the PSU?

Back
Top Bottom