cpu & mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia fan boy said:
bandwidth is higher and the northbridge is just better in general.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-503&depa=1

wtf!?!?! Mobos don't have bandwidth, and why did you give a link to your RAM, we're not talking about RAM here. Lemme clear this up. VIA vs. Nvidia is really all personal preference. Although the newer the chipset the better, I wouldn't really say I prefer one over the other. When I was building my PC, I chose the VIA chipset because I got many good comments about it. But Nvidia isn't bad.

I don't believe the FSB is the chipset, although I could be wrong, and it all depends on the RAM and processor. Also, it has speed, not bandwidth. Things like AGP and PCI slots have bandwidth.

hello the pci slots and agp slot are connected to the chipset(northbridge) and since they have bandwidth then the whole works does. also the fsb which interconnects the cpu, ram and agp slot also have bandwidth. its all the same.
The FSB has nothing to do with the chipset,.... hehe you make me laugh. the fsb IS the chipset.

on an NF2 system the PCI/AGP bus is locked, they do not inter-relate at all to the FSB-RAM bus. (unless you unlock them...which is pretty dumb for most users) your memory does have bandwidth though, i agree with that. good PC3200 is rated at 3.2GB/s (more if you overclock it.)

NF2 chipset will overclock much higher than say the KT333/400/600 chipset. Even running stock i would go with NF2 chipset as it stays cooler than my old via mobo (Soyo KT333 Dragon Ulta Platinum Edition) while ruinning faster. The NF2 mobos also usually come with more features in the mobo itself as they are more popular nowadays.

I suggest Abit NF7-S, DFI Infinity, or an Asus board.

Um...the FSB isnt the chipset. Although they are linked together differently, the chipset varies from VIA to nVIDIA n-Force. VIA has also been proven to out perfrom the n-Force chipset in every category.

FSB has to do with memory. The chipset has to do with the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom