Please help me decide which components are best to use on this build

I have many times in many different threads. This post is relevant.

http://www.techist.com/forums/2016074-post2.html

Thanks again PPM! Unfortunately, I got lost about half way through your post....

One thing is for sure...you are light years ahead of me in knowledge and understanding when it comes to GPU's and CPU's.

I suppose the only thing the 8350 is good for is bragging rights to my "uneducated" friends that I tell, "My CPU has 8 cores." Dude, when I told a couple of friends last week, they looked at me like I had the most powerful computer on the planet!

LOL!

So much for ignorance!

Soar

Seriously ignorant considering a true 6 core 3960x will run circles around it lol.

I put it in simple in that thread. 4 modules = 4 cores with physical HT.

Seriously ignorant considering a true 6 core 3960x will run circles around it lol.

I put it in simple in that thread. 4 modules = 4 cores with physical HT.

Intel 3960x? Yes, but it is presently selling for 5 times the going rate of the AMD 8350...as in over $1000!

So sorry, but we have no money tree in the back yard, have never won a lotto, and when I blow my nose, only yucky stuff comes out, not gold!

Soar

Thanks again PPM! Unfortunately, I got lost about half way through your post....

One thing is for sure...you are light years ahead of me in knowledge and understanding when it comes to GPU's and CPU's.

I suppose the only thing the 8350 is good for is bragging rights to my "uneducated" friends that I tell, "My CPU has 8 cores." Dude, when I told a couple of friends last week, they looked at me like I had the most powerful computer on the planet!

LOL!

So much for ignorance!

Soar

Intel 3960x? Yes, but it is presently selling for 5 times the going rate of the AMD 8350...as in over $1000!

So sorry, but we have no money tree in the back yard, have never won a lotto, and when I blow my nose, only yucky stuff comes out, not gold!

Soar
I was talking about the bolded part. It was going along with what you were saying.

Don't forget, the 3930k is only around 500 and when IB-E comes out it'll be even cheaper closing that gap.

Back
Top Bottom