H80 mod?

What is the highest clock speed that it is common to see a 2600k stable at? Could you recommend a better socket 1155 cpu for overclocking? It doesn't matter if it's more expensive as long as its price is within reason.

The 2500k and 2600k can overclock higher but at lower speeds the IB CPUs perform better. Still, no CPU is guaranteed high clock speeds. It's all in luck if you get a good bin or not.

I know dead thread, but it's kinda close to what I wanna ask.

I also have a 2600k currently clocked at 4.8GHz, with a cooler master hyper n520 heatsink.
My cpu idles at 25°C, but under 100% load, after about 10 minutes, the cpu hits upwards 83°. My question is would a H80 water cooling solution actually help reduce the cpu temp under 70? Cause if it won't make that much of a difference, then I'll consider something even better later.

So I honestly was about order that h80!
While Borderlands 2 with my friend over LAN, my computer froze and shutdown completely. I turned it back on, and went into my temp logs from when I was playing the game. The GPU was a screaming 90°C!!! And the cpu was like 82°C. I have a safeguards in my temp software to turn off the computer when the GPU or CPU hit 90°.
****ed off and in a fit of nerdy rage, I immediately was about to RIP out all of the fans and heatsinks! When I took my MOBO, I noticed something that left my head banging against the wall. In my stupid excitement of buying this CPU cooler about a month and a half ago, I neglected to notice that the CPU cooler was faced the wrong way :eek:!
Therefore the CPU cooler, instead of blowing it into the next fan and out of the back of the case, was blowing the hot cpu air right back into the case.

Once it put on CORRECTLY, my cpu idle temps are at 21°C (GPU idle is at 27°C).
Under 100% for 10 minutes, the cpu never hit above 51°C.
But the big difference was actually the GPU, as it used to idle at 40°!!!
Now is doesn't get above 59°, while playing games.

That careless mistake almost cost me my entire computer. True story....

Back
Top Bottom