What is the best GPU to use with the AMD A-4 3400?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again guys!

Ok, I found a $19.99 deal on the AMD A-4 3400 chips, and I picked up two of em' at this price.

After doing a little reading, I discovered it is possible to add a discrete GPU and see significant improvement on the GPU side.

Problem is, even after google-ing and searching, I cannot find what is the best discrete GPU to add to one of these systems...

I have a number of new Gigabyte and MSA 6450's just sitting around on the work bench. I am not sure what is the best discrete GPU to add to one of these builds, and I am asking for some good advice.

Thanks,

Soar

Any GPU better than what is integrated honestly.

Ok. But, I did google it and just discovered that the only GPU that can be crossfired with this chip is the AMD 6450. What was even more surprising was AMD clearly states on the AMD A-4 3400 CPU box, only a 6450 will work for crossfire.

The actual increase in GPU performance is good in some instances, not so good in others.

I am wondering how difficult it is to crossfire, and also, is it really worth it?

Heck, for $10 [the amount I paid for the 6450], and $20 [the amount I paid for the AMD A4-3400, I should be able to build a decent rig for under $100.

Soar

Back
Top Bottom