Review my build plz

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
Its been a while since ive been on this forum, but I have decided to rebuild my desktop due to my watercooling leaking onto my mobo frying evverrryythinggg. I am hoping I can get the expertise of this forum to review and criticize my build since its been a minute since I have done a custom build.

So far this is what I am planning

CPU:
really the only thing im positive about.

MOBO: I need some help here. I am unsure which one I would like to do.

RAM:

GPU: not entirely sure what to do here. Get single nice card or sli two decent cards

Audio Card:

Hard Drive: (will also be running 1tb for storage)

PSU: (not entirely sure how much power I will need, maybe someone can chime in on the correct wattage I should be using)

Yeah thats about it, maybe suggestions as well on a nice high res monitor that isnt crazy expensive. So let me know the best possible combo along these lines as well as any suggestions you have to improve the system in whatever way. Thanks!

The Asus P8Z77 line of boards are awesome, cant go wrong with those! but my favorite board for 1155 is the MSI Z77A-GD55, check it out ;)

as for GPUs, its always best to go with the highest end single card that you can afford, in a year when your rig starts to get taxed, grab another one at a lower price, throw it in and you will be good to go again!

those powersupplies are crap. get something form either Corsair or Seasonic

other than that, looks good!

P8Z77 for the board:
Drop the RAM down. 2400 is pointless. Anything past 1600 isn't noticed in any real application and sometimes not even in synthetics.
Single 680 is better.
Sound card isn't needed unless you have a very high end audio setup.
I would get a Corsair Neutron GTX, Corsair Force GT, or Samsung 840pro over that Vertex 4 any day.
As was said, those PSUs are terrible. Get yourself a Seasonic X650 Gold or Corsair HX650. You don't need anymore wattage than that.

Back
Top Bottom