uh oh, upgrade time...

Sean W.

Fully Optimized
What's up guys,

I'm upgrading my Sig rig. You may ask yourself what on earth I could upgrade in my system...

Well, I'm trading my 680 plus some cash for an EVGA GTX 690... :D

The reason for this is I am going to upgrade to a 2560x1440 monitor!

Im so stoked, pictures will come as soon as I get the card.

I thought you said you had bought a second 680? If so, both together would outperform a 690 easily.
You're correct and I recall seeing him say he did buy another 680. However, if I did research his mobo correctly, his mobo has only one pcie 3.0 x16 slot, so he can't SLI.

Which makes me wonder why he bought a second 680 in the first place.
For another rig maybe.
@OP, I know you most likely know this, but the GTX 690 requires at least 650W PSU according to nvidia.com, so you should upgrade your PSU.

That Seasonic has a 100w overhead that probably wont even be needed since I doubt both GPUs will be put under 100% load. The benefits to getting quality units really.

I thought you said you had bought a second 680? If so, both together would outperform a 690 easily.

I did buy a second 680, i got it off CL for $320 and i sold it to my friend for $400. profit baby :cool: I also just bought a 3770K for $220 and sold it for $310.

You're correct and I recall seeing him say he did buy another 680. However, if I did research his mobo correctly, his mobo has only one pcie 3.0 x16 slot, so he can't SLI.

this is correct, i only have one PCI express slot, so SLI isnt an option.

That Seasonic has a 100w overhead that probably wont even be needed since I doubt both GPUs will be put under 100% load. The benefits to getting quality units really.

This, at max load a 690 draws 270W, processor takes about 100W and the other odds and ends in the rig are about 30W, so thats about 400W of total needed power, my Gold rated 550W will be fine :cool:

Which makes me wonder why he bought a second 680 in the first place.

To make money man!!! :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom