Help me upgrade my set up!

Glad you saw it so quickly. See, I wasn't lying to you.

No. It'll go away when you get a new board. It's just using the bios because it's switched to the 3rd party AHCI controller. I really don't see the problem with the boots times.

Glad you saw it so quickly. See, I wasn't lying to you.

No. It'll go away when you get a new board. It's just using the bios because it's switched to the 3rd party AHCI controller. I really don't see the problem with the boots times.

Well I didn't think you were lying, I figured it was something I was doing wrong :p

As for the boot times, I always want the most out of whatever I have. So when a benchmark says 12 seconds, I want 12 seconds. I'm thinking that won't happen on this motherboard.

Probably not. Benchmarks are using newer setups with SATA3 and boards with native AHCI support. The SATA 3 wont help too much in the boot up, but the loss of that extra bios screen will help. Be glad you only have one because I have 2 when I enable AHCI on my HDD controller.

Also, don't forget those SSD guides. Disabling certain things (services) cause speed up as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/ssd-tweak-guide-236563/

If you need the pagefile offload it to a regular HDD. Even if it's a USB external or whatever.
Also in the services menu disable Microsoft Shadow Copy Provider and Volume Shadow Copy services. If you have it disable offline files as well.

Probably not. Benchmarks are using newer setups with SATA3 and boards with native AHCI support. The SATA 3 wont help too much in the boot up, but the loss of that extra bios screen will help. Be glad you only have one because I have 2 when I enable AHCI on my HDD controller.

Also, don't forget those SSD guides. Disabling certain things (services) cause speed up as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/ssd-tweak-guide-236563/

If you need the pagefile offload it to a regular HDD. Even if it's a USB external or whatever.
Also in the services menu disable Microsoft Shadow Copy Provider and Volume Shadow Copy services. If you have it disable offline files as well.

Thanks for the link! I followed the guide, now the boot time is down to 32 seconds! If the second BIOS was eliminated, it would be down into the 16 second range! I think I can live with the 32 seconds though. :p

I did offload the pagefile to my old faithful WD 80GB HDD (8 years old).

Back
Top Bottom