Want to design my own computer case with lego bricks. Need help on parts.

risingvendetta

Solid State Member
Hi,

I woould like to design a lego brick pc tower. I was wondering if anyone know where I can get a few pieces?

I bought this mobo on ebay to serve as an example of how a mobo would fit in the case. Also as a guild to know where to have lego bricks push into the case that it will line up with the mobo. I was thinking if I do this good enough, I would like to sell the plans on ebay. I would love to sell the design to Lego but I doubt they would see it.

It's going to be mid sized atx computer case slight bigger. I was curious is their anyway to install a usb pci card going to the FRONT of the case? Some kind of converter wire? Or a usb card that uses usp pins. I just want a series of usbs on the front that is not part of a card reader as I wish to do that seperately.

Where can I buy a power switch fo rthis?

I'm a tad confuse. This is the mobo i bought (7dollars broken, reference only):
Newegg.com - ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Now, the mounting hole seems different when I compare it to a msi board:
Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Notice how the mounting hole looks like in two different places when you look avoe the ram slots? Is it different?

The Asus is bigger. If you want 100% support for all ATX and mATX boards then you will want to use a board like the Asus.

Both of those boards use the standard ATX format, but the ASRock is slightly smaller in width.

IMO, it would be a better idea to look at a case's mounting holes rather than the mounting holes of a motherboard. Mobo's have a few different mounting hole positions, but cases have several points to put brass standoffs to accommodate for this.

IMO, it would be a better idea to look at a case's mounting holes rather than the mounting holes of a motherboard. Mobo's have a few different mounting hole positions, but cases have several points to put brass standoffs to accommodate for this.
Actually, to extend on this I would look at getting a motherboard tray to attach to the Legos.

Back
Top Bottom