I seriously need some help with my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramses1982

Baseband Member
Here's the deal. I got a new mobo recently with a amd 3500+ processor along with a ati x800 xt. Now I got my card before the processor and mobo and I tried it out on my old system with a 4x agp slot and a p4 2.4 processor and 3dmarks03 gave me a score of 10000. In my newer system with an 8x agp slot and a 3500+ processor I got a score of 8000. I have also played doom 3 and both setups and it ran alot better with the p4 2.4.

What the heck could cause this?

I've downloaded the latest graphics drivers and directx 9.0c. I am using the exact same type of ram. Why is it running slower with much better equipment? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some of my specs

new setup
2x 512mb pc2100 ram sticks
asus A8V deluxe mobo
amd 3500+ processor
gigabyte ati x800 xt
windows xp

old setup
p4 2.4
Asus P4B266 mobo
everything else is the same

Did you install the motherboard chipset drivers? Usually when changing motherboards it's recommended that you do a clean format/install of XP.

EDIT: Not that his has anything to do with it...but i really recommend upgrading that ram. Try to get something with CAS2 latency at PC3200

I didn't install any motherboard drivers but I did do a format and reinstall of windows. And I'm thinking about getting new ram.

It's an Athlon 64 but it doesn't have that hyperthread technology.

Oh, do I have to install motherboard drivers before I install windows?

Well I just installed mobo drivers and ran 3dmarks03 again.

11,000 !!!!!

Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom