Geforce 6800 gt 256mb oc Not running right...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProBaller25 said:
ok well i just got finished reformating so my comps starting out fresh. Im currently on my laptop becouse for some reason i cant get the ethernet card to install so i cant get a internet conection with the computer .. any ideas? I went to add new program and there is a ? over the ethernet card only thing is i dont have a driver disc and my comps a Dell xps so i got no clue what kind it is. But if i can find out what kind it is some how ill get the drivers on my laptop burn them to a cd and put them on the computer .any help here will be apreciated thanks.

It must be integrated into the motherboard, it that is the case then you have to look for your board at www.dell.com and see which you have, I'm guessing you have to find your model of computer first.

I got it to work.After reformatting and all the time. Installed everything and cs-source still runs like crap. O well i give up on this subject cya.

Ok, I guess you can quite easily and whine about it, or you can suck it up and work on it more.

We arent done with our ideas yet man.

ProBaller25 said:
I got it to work.After reformatting and all the time. Installed everything and cs-source still runs like crap. O well i give up on this subject cya.
lol, don't just give up after you bought such a sweet card... did u intall the latest drivers for your 6800??? maybe your BIOS is some how reading the card as a AGP 4X (i doubt it and it would not make that big of a difference, but it could happen..)

Well its not that im giving up. Im just pissed at myself for spending so much money and not see a diffrence. I have all the latest drive straight from the nvidia website. Not sure what else i can do? it also pisses me off that i reformated and still see nothing but i dont know.. Its not that im giving up im just PISSED!!! =-) and i really do apreciate the help iv gotten here thanks.

Well tell me the exact FPS that you get on CS:S, mine isnt that great either. Remember it is optimized for ATi anyways. Once you get nVIDIA optimized game then you will see one heck of a performance increase. I can tell you this straight because I have a 6800 GT as well.

well it starts at 100. then it violantly dips down to about 55 in the red which just to me SUCKS.And thats with my settings on MED MODELS- MED TEXTURE- NO SHADOWS- NO WATER REFLECTION AA=2x and Antisoptropic=4x . im hoping that the patch they realese in dec will fix some of this becouse the game is like half finished how it is.

Also one other question. when you overclocked your card did you just go to 410mhz and keep the memory at 1 ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom