Best possible system for sub 2400$?

Ok, I think we may be able to squeeze in another 680. He doesn't need an blu ray drive, a DVD burner will be just fine. He has a HDD which he can use temporarily until he gets cash for another HDD, so we could drop the HDD if it means that he'll be able to get the second 680.
Is it possible to get another case, that is cheaper and will offer same things? The looks on that corsair case isn't great either :p.
P.S : Dropping the DVD burner is also possible.

I was going to say he didn't need that, but wasn't going to say anything because some argue how they need the BD.
The second 680 really isn't that necessary honestly, but if that's what he wants.

Possible to change that case for something cheaper?
Also, is it possible to disable the second GPU through software?

I'm almost clueless when it comes to cases, so I want a recommendation :p.
Also, which is better, the Asus GTX 680 4 GB or the EVGA GTX 680 4 GB FTW?
Also, please recommend a good DVD burner :D.

Uhh anything that looks good. A case is a personal preference like a mouse so really it's up to the buyer.

Idk, the Corsair cases are good, Silverstone makes good cases, Lian Li albeit over priced are good, Bitfenix, Fractal, all are good. Antec have a good few models. If your friend wants the HAF then I don't see why he shouldn't get it.

They are both practically the same, but I think the eVGA is clocked higher. Plus, awesome CS.

Any DVD burner. They are literally all the same.
Newegg.com - LG 24X DVD Burner - Bare Drive 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS95 - CD / DVD Burners

He didn't state whether he wanted that case or not, he just wants stuff within the budget :D.
The cooling on the Asus is better, I believe?
Also, is the GTX 690 @ 1000$ a better buy than 2x GTX 680 @ 1120$?
Is it true that the GTX 690 is a 2 GB card not a 4 GB card?
And is it possible to disable one of the GPU's on the GTX 690 if I face SLI-related problems in certain games?
I was looking at this one : Newegg.com - EVGA 04G-P4-2690-KR GeForce GTX 690 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I don't recommend Asus DirectCU cards because they have a sag problem after a while.
No, the 690 isn't a better buy.
The 690 has 4GB of total RAM but divided by 2. 2GB per GPU.
I already answered this, yes you can disable SLI through the NVCP.
I would not get a 690.

I gotta get to bed. I'll reply to anymore posts in the morning during work.

Cheers mate thanks a lot for everything :D.
I think I'd stick with that Corsair case, doesn't look too bad and you can't go wrong with what PP mguire recommends :D.

Back
Top Bottom