New Gaming comp build

Thanks for the input guys,I'm trying to be patient and do my research, cause the money is in the bank, and I can place the order anytime. Been waiting for this build for years.
So My definite choices so far are:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 , This could be any brand, but a 670 is the choice.
MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155, this has to be a Z77 board, and this board seams to get a lot of votes
Those I'm set on, I guess you all are right on the memory, 8gigs will do.
So here are my choices open for suggestions:
Mem: G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
PS: Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-650 650W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified, Modular Design
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
SSD: Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F180GBGT-BK 2.5" 180GB SATA III, I want more than 120gig , was looking at 220.
Backup storage: Seagate ST310005N1A1AS-RK 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

One more question. I want a second Monitor besides my 24" Dell, a larger one.
SO is it worth considering a 30* LCD TV or wait for a 27" Monitor to come one sale for under $300?
Wouldn't get the Rosewill PSU. Not kidding when I say Corsair TX/AX or Seasonic. They make the best, I recommend the best as it is the most underrated part in a build.

Any Force GT is good. The bigger you go the faster they get.

TVs are crap for a good rig like this. I would look at a nicer 27" but only get one if it is 1440p. 1080p on anything over 24" can look like crap due to a bigger stretched image at 2ft. Some people can deal with it, but after staring at a 2048x1152 23" monitor for a few years even going to a 24" 1920x1200 monitor was kinda hard for me.

A quick reply about the phantom 410 case, when shopping on newegg look for green text that says something about a promo code. You can enter that promo code and save money in your checkout list. I'm about to buy the white 410 phantom case and I also posted a thread earlier today about the build I'm getting. Getting to the point the white and the black 410 phantom cases have a 20 dollar off promo code and the gun metal one doesn't right now so you will pay 5 dollars extra for the gun metal one.
White one: Newegg.com - NZXT Phantom 410 CA-PH410-B1 White Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Black one: Newegg.com - NZXT Phantom 410 CA-PH410-B1 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
I have not yet used one of these cases but they look high quality and have good reviews, just thought I would help you out if you want to save 5 bucks.
Note that the codes end on 1/30

Good luck on your build!
The Phantom cases have 2 problems in my experience with them. The screw holes are terrible (can strip easy) and they require the proprietary 200mm NZXT case fan.

OK Power supply This looks like a good choice, both on New Egg: : CORSAIR CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply . I really want modular to avoid all the extra cable mess.
And this is a good choice: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Graphics card: This one, EVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
or This one: GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card .
Comments?

All parts are great, but go with the Corsair 600W and the EVGA card. Both the cards are the same, obviously except they're different brands, maybe a little base/boost clock difference, I really don't know, they're the same so go with whatever cards cheapest, but I'd go with the EVGA.
Edit: Mguire may I ask why the Seasonic?

Last edited:
Hello I am new here. I am wanting to build a computer I am a novice but trying to obtain the knowledge to do so. Will this build be what I am a for? I just want something to play my games at maxed settings. Sound maybe 7.1 and Blue Ray?

thehandsomeone unless you got some money this build is pretty high end, , Im at 1400.00 so far adding up, pretty much just the computer, no extras. If you want to build a decent gaming computer,you could do so say $700.00,or so. do some reading on Tomshardware.com. Look up System Builders marathons and look at some of the builds they put together for different prices as a starting point for research. Then you can see which parts work well together for a certain price point. Thats what I did. Then once you have a ball park budget, and parts choices you can post here for some final advice and tweeking.

thehandsomeone unless you got some money this build is pretty high end, , Im at 1400.00 so far adding up, pretty much just the computer, no extras. If you want to build a decent gaming computer,you could do so say $700.00,or so. do some reading on Tomshardware.com. Look up System Builders marathons and look at some of the builds they put together for different prices as a starting point for research. Then you can see which parts work well together for a certain price point. Thats what I did. Then once you have a ball park budget, and parts choices you can post here for some final advice and tweeking.
Already posted in his thread of a budget of 1200.

Back
Top Bottom