XFX vs. eVGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you can't have SLi on PCIe unless you have AGPe which is an AGP interface bridged off a PCIe interface and it si performance killing!

???????
Nforce 4 SLI is PCI Express only, your post was a little confusing mega...
Yan

YanBooth said:
???????
Yan

Er...one of the 6800's goes in the AGP slot and bridged off of this is the PCI-EX slot card, that is what I have seen.

ok Nvidia, don't know why you'd say
gotcha get eVGA 6800 GTx2 on 8xagp.
as there's no SLI technology for AGP....so why would he need two?

Beyond that, PCI-E and PCI-X are two different things.

So this
then get 2 pcx. duh.
Wasn't needed and technically is wrong info, besides saying DUH to people is insulting, especially if you're giving them wrong info then it really looks bad.

???????
Yan
What mega said was that you'd have to have AGP-E, AGP-Express, which he is saying is bridged off the PCI-E Interface, but of course being that they aren't the same busses it'll kill the performance compared to two PCI-E Cards.

Here's a link on the difference between PCI-E and PCI-X incase someone wanted to know:

http://www.emulex.com/products/fc/pciex-faqs.html

BTW: To answer your question Yan, go with eVGA, they are a very good quality brand card, whereas I've heard other about XFX, but as I have no experience with them I really can't say, but all I do know is it seems like eVGA really works hard into making a quality card, and I've never heard a complaint about them. So I suggest them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom