GPU Upgrade Questions.

JB350

Beta member
Hello, I have a few questions about a new GPU I'm about to purchase.

GPU - Newegg.com - EVGA 02G-P4-3677-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW Signature2 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I am wanting to make sure everything is compatible with my current PSU and other hardware. Will the cables this GPU comes with work? Also, is this EVGA GPU one of the better 670's to buy?

My current PSU - Newegg.com - Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply

My current MB - Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

the 670 wants a minimum of a 500 watt power supply, so you should be fine. That being said, the rosewill is a budget minded brand and may not be the best, or perform as much as it is rated for. but, if it has worked for you so far, you should be all set. evga is a fine brand.

Ok thanks for the replies. Yeah I've had the Rosewill PSU for about 8 months now and it's treated me fine.

Also will are the PCI Express connections or whatever the cables are called, be compatible?

The PSU should be enough with both as long as u stay with single GPU. If I'm not missing something, your PSU has 1x 6pin and 1x6+2 pin connectors, so it'll be fine with either the 670 or the 680. I second what PP mguire said, if you can afford the GTX 680 then go for it of course.

Back
Top Bottom