Need to Upgrade to use Adobe Products

delta1inc

Beta member
So I have this desktop and I know I need to purchase a new one but I just don't have the money to do so at the moment but I need it to run the Adobe suite smoothly such as CS6, Lightroom, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Adobe Premire. Also need it for computer animation. I won't use it to game, I spent $300 buying it so any help on what upgrades I could make for less than $300 I would really appreciate the help. ~delta1inc:lol:
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/gateway-gm5632e/4505-3118_7-32670774.html It is the Gateway Desktop.

Does it have VIsta still installed? If so, I would replace that with 7 or 8 immediately. (64bit)

The next thing you could do is upgrade the motherboard and RAM then buy an SSD. I think that would be your best bet and would probably still be within your 300 limit.

a bit dated, i dont think i would have gone for it with a 600 overall budget. youre buying parts that you dont need.

seems like it is too late, but if you could get your money back, you can do a lot better for 600.

if youre stuck, i would find 8 gb of ddr2 800 ram and windows 7 or 8.

a bit dated, i dont think i would have gone for it with a 600 overall budget. youre buying parts that you dont need.

seems like it is too late, but if you could get your money back, you can do a lot better for 600.

if youre stuck, i would find 8 gb of ddr2 800 ram and windows 7 or 8.
I was thinking more along the lines of a G41 board and 8GB DDR3 clocked lower. Reuse the Q6600 and the rest. Then purchase an SSD to greatly improve the speed of his machine and concentrate on the GPU next to help with Photoshop stuff.

Back
Top Bottom