Bundle of PC problems. Help :( pleasee

Raemun

Beta member
Hi, first off, I guess this is a general thing. Hopefully I'll be able to get some help :(

I have a Dell Inspirion 530.
Windows 8 64-Bit
4 GB R.A.M
Core 2 Duo 2.50GHz
& a GeForce 240 Graphics card.

So this morning, I was using the PC, playing Assassin's Creed III (really horrible performance really... dead bored, needed some entertainment) anyway, so I ALT+Tabbed my way out of it, and went browsing google. Then all of a sudden, I hear this squealing coming from the PC (no idea what it was) so I shut down, picked apart and cleaned everything. Was a bit of dust build up, so it took a while. Put it all back together hit the power button. It whirs (you know, like that heavy fans coming on thing just before it boots) it does that, then shuts out, does that again, then shuts out, and it continues to do that and never boots... (this may be all irrelevant but please just bear with me)

So last time I had this problem, it turned out my graphics card had fried, so thinking that's what it was, I took out the graphics card, connected to my onboard graphics, but the monitor wouldn't pick it up. Or connect, whatever you want to say. I rearranged my R.A.M (4 sticks 1 GB each) still does the whirring thing and shutting out, literally. It's screwing me here.

Finally, I end up at a tech forum. Do I have to buy a new graphics card again? Because this one is like 1 month and a half old.
Please don't tell me to go buy a new PC, don't have the cash right now, and I need to use the PC throughout the week for some work.
I just really, want to know.

*Update*
I took out the R.A.M sticks after reading something on another forum, and it did the same thing, no beeps or anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom