build challenge

Seems like an alright setup, I personally wouldn't buy any single part From that list. I'd recommend a minumum of 500W PSU as a must, seeing as the GTX 660 requires a minumum of a 450W PSU, I personally don't really like to be gambling at the bottom, if that makes any sense. Preferably giving that both the setups/rigs are roughly the same price, The rig I chose has a lot lot more to offer. I'd suggest that you'd only need a 128GB SSD if you was to go with a 500GB HDD, given the computers usage you'd be more than Fine with a 500GB HDD and a 64GB SSD. A 1TB Hard Drive and a 128GB SSD is an extreme waste of money in my opinion, as that's probably more space than you should need. I'd also personally never ever buy CPU/Motherboard/RAM Bundles, From little experience in the past I'd say it's much much better to buy the components completely seperate, seeing as bundles appear to be great as you get three of the main components For usually a somewhat cheap price, but they're usually, not necessarily bad, but can get better if you buy them seperately. In fact, the setup you chose, given the needs of the computer would probably be great. But if you can spend near enough the exact same money, and get a much better computer, I don't see why any one wouldn't. Despite that the Bundle you chose being £150, and you get CPU, Motherboard and RAM. You only get 4GB of RAM and the Intel i3 3220.

I'm just saying this For the interest of spykep88, sorry if anything I've said has came off as rude.
For gaming and multimedia use typically means BD rips which are between 6 and 50GB a pop per 1080p video depending on the video in question. That 1TB can be filled up real quick.

I have to agree, the 660 needs a minimum of 500w. I'll post more when I have time.

A 680 can run on a 550w, a quality one as a 690 can run on the TX650 easy. But the point is quality PSU. People don't realize what exactly we mean by quality.

Back
Top Bottom