3ds max

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Hey... i was just wondering is 3dsmax the best 3d animation software? becuase i wanted to get into 3d animation after making videos from flash mx.

Just to point out, you should ask this in software not hardware ;)

but 3ds is one of the best. Also Lightwave is another one I know of. But I believe 3DS max is the most widely used.

3Dstudio is a very powerful professional 3D app, but I'm not sure you can say any 3D program is the standard or the best. Different places use a wide range of different products, including custom products.

Anyway, Game is right, 3Dstudio will set you back quite a bit. I think the new version (6) goes for $1500 bottom, and $2700 fully loaded. Lightwave and Maya aren't much better.

wow... that is expensive! But my brother asked his school and i can get it around 300 from them so thats an amaising deal.

But i heard maya was pretty good and easy to use epecialy for begginers is this correct? Im just interested in doing some movies about 5 minutes long.

I didnt know it would do movies. Last time I saw it, 3D-Max did 3D-Modeling for games and other things. Such as tanks and cars, buildings, guns etc.

3ds max is best for character modeling, maya is best for scene modeling, and anything other than characters. It is easier to learn and use also. Lightwave is very nice for actual animations.
Lastest version of 3dsmax is 7, not 6, and its owrth much more than 2700 loaded. All best 3d rendering programs, retail, fully loaded will range from 4-5k

:BUMP: Also maya doesnt seem to work with my radeon 9600 xt 256 mb's :/ i think its supposed to work with workstation graphic cards. So does anyone know software good for 3d movie making?

maya should work, iv used it on a 5200 fx, 9700 pro, and 6800gt. Lightwave is a very nice program for movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom