Overheats in less then 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heifsin85

Baseband Member
I have a compaq presario 1700 laptop. If, lets say i play a game on it, it overheats in less then 10 minutes and shuts off. If u feel the bottom of the laptop with your hand, it feels like you just put your hand on a burning stove. Anyone have any ideas how i could fix this small problem?

Yea I'm not sure exactly how much they help, although there was this one guy that would always come up to my resturaunt with his laptop to study with one of those aluminum deals, he said it's never overheated except when he was gaming on a metal desk, so..

I got a program for my Dell Inspiron 8100 that lets YOU control the fans and cooling in the laptop.

http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/

After downloading that and using it i boot up 24C, and idle 32C, load 45C...alot better than my previous 85C load. See if your laptop is supported by that utility...it's not just for Dell laptops.

Wow, that's nuts how well those coolers work then.. I'd probably stick the whole damn thing in a bucket of ice..

I got a cooler for my dads birthday, it works surprisingly well on the laptops especially considering it's sucking away the air from the bottom not blowing on top of it, but his normal fan inside the laptop doesn't rev up like it used to, so IMO it's worth it.

it may be that your intenal fan doesnt work. can you hear it or see ti running? if the fans inside dont work for some reason then an external wot do you any good.

Smokin-A.I. said:
it may be that your intenal fan doesnt work. can you hear it or see ti running? if the fans inside dont work for some reason then an external wot do you any good.

He's right, you need some air going through it all the time. Do you feel anything when you put the back of your hand near any of the vents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom