My New Build!

Thanks for all the feedback! I will do my best to respond to as many points as possible.

The case; I know it's a huge case but I've checked the measurements and I've got ideal space for it. I really picked that case because it had solid reviews and it's colour scheme will go well in my room.

SSD; I'll go with the Samsung.

The Corsair speakers seemed to get good user reviews from what I read, but I agree, the price is harsh. I will have a look about. Any other recommendations other than X-530's?

The keyboard; it's expensive but I have tried it at a mates and i really loved the feel to it. Makes typing fun.

PP, good spot with the fan. NXZT' are listed as 200mm but are apparently slightly smaller.

Motherboards;

MSI Z77A-GD55 - £129.95
MSI Z77A-GD55 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard [Z77A-GD55]

Asus P8Z77-V LK - £93.97
Asus P8Z77-V LK Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, Intel Z77 Express, USB 3.0, CrossFireX & SLI Support, Display Port, Dual Intelligent Processors 3): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - £109.99
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard [90-MXGKX0-A0UAYZ]

Just a few boards that I picked out. I take it they all have similar capabilities? Any advice on which one to go with, or another?

Where would I notice the difference with the 680? In general or mostly with gaming?

Thanks again for all your feedback.

I personally can only recommend the Logitech X530's and the Logitech Z506 Speakers since they're the only two speaker systems I have. Both have surround sound with 3D Stereo, dedicated bass control, both around 70-80 Watts(RMS) of power etc. This may or may not make sense to you but specifically For Gaming and Films the Z506 5.1 set-up is better. They're a little more expensive being £70-80 however it's a darn site a lot less than the £180 You are/were going to pay For the other speakers, and realistically.. You don't need to spend that much on a speaker system. I personally use the X530's more because I Find they're better For music, but out of the two, For your needs the Z506 5.1 set-up is definitely the one to go with. However this is just my personal insight and experience, I know that PP Mguire is very experienced in speakers/audio and I'm sure he can recommend something. And to be honest, if you buy either one of the two I recommended and don't like them, despite that I already have both, I'll buy them off you. That's how confident I am.

P.S Although in my opinion both the speakers I recommended are pretty good, despite they have 3D Surround sound Tech don't expect to be hearing proper 3D crisp, clear studio-like audio. That pleasure my Friend unfortunately comes with a huge bill /: Good luck with this build and whatever you chose though!

Last edited:
Lol it's not so much rather you have space or whatever, it's just that it's huge for a basic computer. I have a full water loop and 5 drives in this HAF 922 and still some room to spare and it's what I would call a large mid tower.

NZXT fans are 200mm, it's just the mounting holes only align to NZXT cases. I bought the high CFM NZXT 200mm fan and it didn't work in my HAF so that's how I know the reverse wont work.

I would chose either the Asus or the ASRock. I prefer ASRock myself.

Difference between the two video cards would be noticed purely in gaming.

Edit: Just saw the above post ^^ I don't recommend any PC speakers as I think they are all kinda crap. I think if you want something that sounds delicious then you need a good A/V and studio monitors or a good set of cans. That requires an external DAC and high quality amp too.

State tax though. Plus, I don't think they have income tax. Also, social health so I don't believe they have to pay out of their check for insurance.

Thanks for all the feedback! I will do my best to respond to as many points as possible.

The case; I know it's a huge case but I've checked the measurements and I've got ideal space for it. I really picked that case because it had solid reviews and it's colour scheme will go well in my room.

SSD; I'll go with the Samsung.

The Corsair speakers seemed to get good user reviews from what I read, but I agree, the price is harsh. I will have a look about. Any other recommendations other than X-530's?

The keyboard; it's expensive but I have tried it at a mates and i really loved the feel to it. Makes typing fun.

PP, good spot with the fan. NXZT' are listed as 200mm but are apparently slightly smaller.

Motherboards;

MSI Z77A-GD55 - £129.95
MSI Z77A-GD55 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard [Z77A-GD55]

Asus P8Z77-V LK - £93.97
Asus P8Z77-V LK Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, Intel Z77 Express, USB 3.0, CrossFireX & SLI Support, Display Port, Dual Intelligent Processors 3): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - £109.99
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard [90-MXGKX0-A0UAYZ]

Just a few boards that I picked out. I take it they all have similar capabilities? Any advice on which one to go with, or another?

Where would I notice the difference with the 680? In general or mostly with gaming?

Thanks again for all your feedback.

all of those are great boards, cant go wrong with any of them. I am going to be doing a new build soon, i am going to be going with the MSI Z77A-GD55 board. i love the color scheme, the spacing between pci express slots and the features. awesome board for a great price. between those boards its really just a difference of what you prefer aesthetically... :cool:

State tax though. Plus, I don't think they have income tax. Also, social health so I don't believe they have to pay out of their check for insurance.
Of course we have income Tax lmao, gosh I wish we didn't. But yeah in the UK we have an NHS (National Health Service) so we don't have to pay For medical bills and operations/procedures etc, we have to pay For subscriptions as in pills and tablets From the Pharmacy though. We also get Free Dentist check-ups and operations until the age of 18, and I'm not 100% positive but I think that law applies For the NHS too, don't hold me to it though, and I know that me being 24 I should know, but well I don't, I've been a Marine all my life so Health Care and other perks come with the Job. The reason why I think that though is because well like the Military some companies give employees things like Free medical care etc.

Of course we have income Tax lmao, gosh I wish we didn't. But yeah in the UK we have an NHS (National Health Service) so we don't have to pay For medical bills and operations/procedures etc, we have to pay For subscriptions as in pills and tablets From the Pharmacy though. We also get Free Dentist check-ups and operations until the age of 18, and I'm not 100% positive but I think that law applies For the NHS too, don't hold me to it though, and I know that me being 24 I should know, but well I don't, I've been a Marine all my life so Health Care and other perks come with the Job. The reason why I think that though is because well like the Military some companies give employees things like Free medical care etc.
Learn something new every day.

Back
Top Bottom