Noisy Hard Drive

zens112

Beta member
Hello. I have an issue thats been really bugging me. I have Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm hdd. It does make the standart writing noise (HARD DISK SOUNDS - YouTube just as in this video). Thing is it does it all the time and its quite loud. Even when my pc is idle it still produces the sound. Does this mean that hdd is failing or is this a normal thing for this type of hdd?

I am not really good with hardware so help would be apriciated.

I did not mention that I did ran Sea Tools for windows before posting and it passed everything. Is there a difference between tools?

Probably not but I prefer to go with DOS because your not using windows when you check the drive.
I could just be a noisy drive. Almost a year ago I got some refurb drives from newegg and they were very noisy, I did send them back because they were too loud to actually use but they did work. I think I read somewhere that they do get noiser as they age. I had one drive that started to vibrate before, that was very noisy too....I replaced it but it still was running

As always....make a back up of all your important data

Well I ran DOS one aswell, with same results. I suppose it might be just a really noisy drive. Well im gonna backup my data and try to replace it in near future just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom