Build for a Friend

looks like its right out the pages of Mguires book...

thats a good thing btw... haha.

only thing i see is that you can cut the power supply down. i have a 550W in my rig running my rig.

Last edited:
looks like its right out the pages of Mguires book...

It pretty much is, yeah. He recommended this to me a while back but it's a little out of my price range. Being that my friend has a higher budget than mine, I figured this may would work for him, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a better way to go for his budget. I just want to make sure I'm not steering him wrong. :p

If a 550W would cut it, then I'll look for one of those. Any you can recommend?

Last edited:
I support this notion. The PSU is of lower quality so I would leave the 600w in there. I would swap the Gigabyte card for an eVGA and you don't need 16GB of RAM in there. Cut the cost and put an 8GB set and get this SSD instead or a WD Black drive to replace the Blue drive.

Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Wouldnt a i5-3470 be better for a gaming pc? -129 ->179,
and a PSU Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply may be better, assuming you want to stick with Corsair, but personally if you want an alright PSU with good quality, i think i would go for an Acbel G600 550W PSU... but thats if i wanted a gaming pc under $900
No. The i3 is fine for the budget where he needs more cash in the GPU for a gaming build. The i3 is clocked slightly higher than the i5 3470 as well turbo boost aside.

Back
Top Bottom