Final Components

Hey all.
Sorry if This is spam posting or unnecessary however I Thought I'd post my Final Thoughts and stuff on my Budget Gaming PC here.

So I've done a little more research and listened To what you guys/mainly what PP Mguire and Stewie has said, seeing as They're The Two people who've posted quite a lot. And with The help of an old Friend, and when I say old I mean as in age. I was with the man Today and I asked him about my situation. He's been involved in PC designing and computer building etc his whole life. He's pretty much he's the definition of a PC-Tech God. So I asked him what parts I could possibly use, and not saying That The parts you guys/Mguire linked are bad, Because They're not and I'm probably going To be buying Them. I Just Thought I'd ask him seeing as it's his profession and I was right next To him. So here are a Few components he Told me That would be good For my budget which are pretty much most of The parts you suggested. I've moved my budget up to £700 seeing as all The upgrades I want/need are so damn expensive.

Intel Core i5 3470 Quad Core CPU.

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Socket 1155 ATX Motherboard.

Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E GPU.

-- Or The NVIDIA 2GB EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked. --

The standard Asus GTX 660 is From eBuyer and is £10 more expensive. Important Info:

960 Cuda Cores. 1085MHz Boost Clock. 1020MHz Base Clock. 6008MHz(1502MHz GDDR5) Memory Clock. 192bit.

The EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked: 1046MHz Core Clock. 1111MHz Boost Clock. 6008MHz Memory Clock: Memory Type: GDDR5. Hopefully I've copied Those down right, now most of Those words and numbers, I know what They mean, Thanks To what you've Told me. But I don't yet know exactly what They mean, as in my knowledge isn't yet There, so hopefully one of you guys can do the Maths and look into which of Those is better, I'd be very appreciative.

Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 RAM.

Seagate 500Gb 3.5" Barracuda 7200rpm 16MB Cache HDD. (£10 Cheaper Than The WD one)

Intel 60GB 330 Series SSD - Solid State Drive (SSDSC2CT060A3K5)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM Operating System

Corsair CP-9020048-UK Builder Series CX 600W PSU.

DVD Player stuff.

Case: Can't decide between 2. The: CiT Vantage Gaming Case (Comes with 4 120mm(12cm) Fans)

Or The: Corsair Carbide 200R Mid-Tower Gaming Case(Comes with one 140mm Fan and one 120mm Fan)

For a Total price of roughly around £710 including VAT.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Edited, it's like when you're in an argument, you always Think of more intelligent Things To say, likewise here. Changed a Few words etc. Please re-read.

P.S I do apologise For my random capital F's and T's, I seem To have have minor O.C.D, silly I know.

Last edited:
If you were going to be raising the budget that much I would have went with the i5 3330 and an Asus Z77 instead. Basically the same stuff I was linking except a slightly higher budget. For the money though, 660ti > i5.

The eVGA and Asus have these differences:
Asus has an aftermarket in house cooler called the DirectCU2. Basically more fins, heatpipes, and 2 fans in a double slot config. Pretty unnecessary, and can sometimes cause the card to sag due to weight.
The eVGA uses the stock reference cooler.
The Asus has slightly less clocks than the eVGA but both are overclocked past stock from the factory.

Other than that, exact same card.

Rest is basically the same besides a smaller similar HDD and the added Intel SSD. Only thing I don't agree with is the lower quality CX Builder series but it will "get the job done".

I like the Corsair 200r myself. Btw, it comes with 2 120mm fans. One in the front, one in the rear. I plan on getting one for my LAN rig when the time comes.

If you were going to be raising the budget that much I would have went with the i5 3330 and an Asus Z77 instead. Basically the same stuff I was linking except a slightly higher budget. For the money though, 660ti > i5.

The eVGA and Asus have these differences:
Asus has an aftermarket in house cooler called the DirectCU2. Basically more fins, heatpipes, and 2 fans in a double slot config. Pretty unnecessary, and can sometimes cause the card to sag due to weight.
The eVGA uses the stock reference cooler.
The Asus has slightly less clocks than the eVGA but both are overclocked past stock from the factory.

Other than that, exact same card.

Rest is basically the same besides a smaller similar HDD and the added Intel SSD. Only thing I don't agree with is the lower quality CX Builder series but it will "get the job done".

I like the Corsair 200r myself. Btw, it comes with 2 120mm fans. One in the front, one in the rear. I plan on getting one for my LAN rig when the time comes.
I didn't plan on it, however with The upgraded parts and The SSD it soon added up. And I can't really afford a 660Ti and i5. I mean I could, however I'd have To downgrade The HDD or SSD or whatever. And out of The list above is pretty much everything I need/want. Agreed The 660Ti is undoubtedly a badass mofo GPU. However seeing as I also want other Things, like a Fast connection/download speed and For apps and games To load up quick etc, I'm not really sure what could be downgraded To allow That extra £50 or so For The 660Ti. In my opinion I Think The above set-up is pretty amazing For a budget. I didn't want The Builder series however other Corsair 600W PSU's were a significant boost in price. You're The expert here Though, I can either get a Pro series or whatever 500W. Or This 600W version. I personally would like To have a 600W PSU instead of 500W, I Just don't really have any reasoning why That would make sense. I'd rather have The extra 100W Power Supply, despite it may not be needed however who knows what's going To happen, I might be glad I got The 600W however I might regret it etc etc.

Well that's why I try to get people to get the 650tx. A 650tx can run even the GTX690 and will run without a doubt at least every single GPU solution to come out in the future as TDP keeps getting lower and lower as the years progress. A 600w PSU will guarantee you the use of practically any mid range and mid-high range GPU. The thing is, the guts are different which is the difference in price and difference in the models. The quality of parts are spared to reduce price, and then the wattage is reduced. I would still recommend them over something like a Rosewill or Raidmax, but to me the 650tx is the de facto of general PSU.

Not to be confused with that mess, the CX600 will be perfectly fine for the rig listed. Just explaining why I recommend the 650tx to everybody. The only time I change from that is when the budget is higher or the person wants modular.

I think the rig listed will be just fine. The GTX 660 is just around GTX 570 performance or somewhere around there and so even though you wont be able to max something like Crysis 3 you will at least be able to play any game on the market smooth. With the i5 in hand you can always upgrade your GPU a little later and get something like the 670 which is a nice jump in performance and will still be compatible with your current PSU.

I've never played Crysis 3 before, and haven't really got much interest in starting. Plus, if I were To start playing Crysis 3 I'd buy it For Xbox 360. I have several Call of Duty games already For Xbox 360. However I broke my Black Ops 2 and once I get paid I'm more Than likely going To buy it again, (Completed storyline, repurchasing For XBL) Despite The Fact That I'll probably have 5 Times better graphics etc on The PC Than my standard old 250GB Xbox 360 I prefer playing games like Call of Duty, Battlefield 3 and other games like That on Xbox. I mainly want This Gaming/Monster Film destroying PC For download games That can't be purchased For console. And By 650Tx do you mean The Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 650W PSU? Because That's around £70 which Taking out The current 600W Builder one I have being £50, The Final price would be around £740 and That's seriously Too much, My budgets already gone pot loose, my original budget was £550 Yet here I am spending £715, and That's just on The PC. Final costs will be around £1000 After I buy a Monitor, a Keyboard and stuff. However if I want The best I guess I have To pay The best.. Maybe in Time however as of now I can't afford The 650TX. Should I either keep The 500W PSU you linked or This 600W Builder one?. But so I know I've probably asked This around 10 Times now, but do you Think That This gaming/Film watching PC is The best rig That can be made For The £700 Budget? I know That if it was strictly For Gaming you'd say get the Pentium and The 660Ti or 670 or higher etc. However Fast download speeds and overall PC speediness is a 100% must. I download a lot of Films, Therefore The SSD coming into use, and I need The PC To be able To maintain a good Fast download speed. As I said I have Fairly decent Internet, The only Thing better Than Fibre Optic To my knowledge is a T1/Leased line. And not Forgetting I don't necessarily 'need' it To boot up quick, but Then who does? And it's going To be a brand new PC and For The money I'm spending I'll be a bit, pardon my French ****ed if it's slow Turning on and Firing up apps etc. But who wouldn't right?

Last edited:
If I was you I would switch BF3 playing to the PC. The experience is a million times better when you get into 64 player maps and being able to play at 60FPS. The difference is like going from HDD to SSD. You just have to experience to really see it.

By the 650TX yes I mean the Corsair TX 650w. I mentioned before none of these components will make a difference in your download speed as a standard internet connection can't even cap a standard HDD in speed. The computer you have will do what you want like I've also mentioned several times. Over all general computing will be faster granted you have the SSD as the CPU or GPU wont make much of a difference there. The components you have selected will do the job, can't say much more on that.

A T1 line is slow compared to today's standard in internet. A T1 line is used specifically for uptime. Fiber usually is 25Mb or faster with a nice upload advantage over cable. Like I said though, none of the modern PC components will affect your download or streaming speed besides the servers you are getting stuff from. That is out of your control though.

Alright, I guess if I kept on Talking I'd just be repeating myself.. However you didn't really answer my question, which is Fine.. I don't want you To start Thinking That I expect of you, as you're here of your own will obviously and you're just politely helping etc etc etc.. /: 600W Builder PSU or The 500W PSU you linked?

Oh alright, that's good then. Also, I Forgot to ask.. At First I didn't really realise how many parts were needed, seeing as I'm going to be building an entire computer, will I need to purchase things like a Sound Card? I completely Forgot about sound to be honest, I only remembered when reading somebody else's Thread, and if I Forgot about the Sound Card I wonder what else I've Forgotten.. Also what's the difference between the Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V Intel B75 Motherboard you chose and the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX one?

No onboard sound DACs are good enough to push good quality pretty moderate sound setups and cans. Only need a sound card when you have a studio like audio setup capable or the SNR and frequency response produced.

The difference is pretty much only the chipset. The B75 is the lower end cheaper chipset meant for budget builds and does not support overclocking. The Z77 offers a few more features such as dual card compatibility and overclocking but the basics are pretty much the same. Since neither the i5, i3, or Pentium chips mentioned in the thread support overclocking the Z77 is pretty much useless.

Back
Top Bottom