Extreme/Ultimate Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's for her but we live together. I'm honestly not sure, the biggest possible without being too big that it damages your eyes because of closeness if you know what I mean. I honestly didn't even know 1440p existed, I thought the maximum was 1080p HD. What's Hz monitors? I'd say three 27" Full HD LED 1440p monitors though.

lol they have double 1080p commercially available tv's its called 2160p , people call it 4k
anyway since as your sitting close you can see the dots in the screen easier, so if its 1440p there are more dots on the screen than a 1080p screen, so everything looks better. HZ is refresh rate, think of it like fps.

you should get 3 1440p monitors, it would look really nice...

i just bought everything alienware had and could only get it up to $6300. i think they're slipping.

add in a few more monitors and youre still about $7k americano.

Both already got some. The Logitech X530 5.1 Surround, we were both considering moving to 7.1 But, the Logitech X530 5.1's are pretty darn amazing, despite them only being around £70 I'd definitely say they can easily compete with top Speakers and other 5.1 Systems in the £1000 range.
Not trying to sound mean, but if you think X530's are good sounding speakers then you haven't heard actual quality speakers. Professional audio was my profession for 8 years straight and the X530s are the lowest of low when it comes to 5.1 quality. Even the Z5500's are around 5x better than the X530s. They would never compete with an actual audiophile grade Hi-Fi 5.1 setup. Just putting that out there.

do you know which monitors you/she wants? you shouldn't use the standard 1080p or 60hz
you should either get 3 1440p monitors or 3 120hz monitors
(you cant get both...)

or you could get a 4k monitor thats infront of her, then 2 1440p monitors on each side of her...
I would say 2560x1600 30" Dell's would be more opportune than a few 1440s.

As a correction, it's 4 680s, not 690s. You can only have 2 690s in a rig running together. If you add anymore they do nothing.

Every 6 months to a year graphics card performance per single GPU increases about 10% or more. Even if she had 4 680s now it wouldn't make a difference 5 years from now when GPUs from then will demolish them. In 2009 having 3 280's was the thing and 2 480s from the next gen made mince meat of them if you understand what I mean. Trying to compete like that is ridiculous and childish just IMO. Again, not trying to be rude just in case she might be watching the thread or anything, just my opinion. I think if she's rolling in so much dough then get a SLI 680 setup with a 3960x now ect and then in 2-4 years upgrade again. It's tedial but there isn't one all God like setup that will last a maximum performance for 5 years. Sad, but the truth. With the way things are going the 3960x in 4 years will probably still perform damn good because games at that res barely use the CPU.

Alright let me be very clear on this.

It ends N O W.

No discussion or debate about that. Next person that steps out of line with the thread, gets an instant vacation.

Mr. Wannabe, I got your report but you have no right asking for someone to be removed from the thread when you clearly started all of this. I didn't even have to read the entire topic to know this. All I had to do was start from the beginning and delete posts that had nothing at all to do with the subject at hand and sure enough, your was the first one gone. So don't pass the blame when you are just as much at fault for pouring gas on the flame as others are for striking the match.

I am dead serious when it comes to my comments. I will not be afraid to give someone a custom infraction for at least 30 days off if they want to continue this. I also know that not everyone fanned the flame. But everyone has to be held accountable for stepping out of line in even the smallest way.

Now this has gone on long enough. It was said that this topic should have been closed at some point last night and they were right. but since I have taken the time to purge the topic, I shall leave it open. For now. If at any time I come back and everyone is no completely civil, I will infract everyone involved. Not just the person who started it. This is not a debate or up for discussion.

Not trying to sound mean, but if you think X530's are good sounding speakers then you haven't heard actual quality speakers. Professional audio was my profession for 8 years straight and the X530s are the lowest of low when it comes to 5.1 quality. Even the Z5500's are around 5x better than the X530s. They would never compete with an actual audiophile grade Hi-Fi 5.1 setup. Just putting that out there.

That actually got me thinking. with a budget this large, it would make more sense to build around the computer. clearly there is a lot you can put into the computer and after a while youre just looking for expensive components to just increase the budget but that dont really gain you anything.

so why not buy nice speakers, a comfy chair/theater seats, curtains, maybe some cool framed lighted game/movie posters, get an additional 90" screen and have the thing set up for steam 'big picture' or whatnot. get all the consoles and a stack of games. that's a realistic budget for a game room, but maybe not all of it has to go in the case. home improvement > too much computer.

That actually got me thinking. with a budget this large, it would make more sense to build around the computer. clearly there is a lot you can put into the computer and after a while youre just looking for expensive components to just increase the budget but that dont really gain you anything.

so why not buy nice speakers, a comfy chair/theatre seats, curtains, maybe some cool framed lighted game/movie posters, get an additional 90" screen and have the thing set up for steam 'big picture' or whatnot. get all the consoles and a stack of games. that's a realistic budget for a game room, but maybe not all of it has to go in the case. home improvement > too much computer.
You're actually 100% right. With all these Intel i7 5800k CPU's and and 4x 4GB GTX 680's, advanced water cooling etc. It may not even be possible to spend £12,000 without buying parts that literally wouldn't be used. We, as in her and I spoke about all of what's happened and to be honest it's whatever. We're both not really console Fans, Thus why wanting a super PC, however we can always start being Fans. But if anybody would like to piece together a Final extreme rig we'd be more than grateful though. As I'm typing this post she's ordered an Xbox 360 with a Bo2 Case. A PS3 Slim, some super comfy lazy boy look-alike chairs and random room decorations like Fancy lighting and Posters etc.
P.S I'd like to apologise For the mess that was created earlier, I Think everyone was a bit misinterpreted, I only mean't was that budget was there if it was needed.

Last edited:
You're actually 100% right. With all these Intel i7 5800k CPU's and and 4x 4GB GTX 680's, advanced water cooling etc. It may not even be possible to spend £12,000 without buying parts that literally wouldn't be used. We, as in her and I spoke about all of what's happened and to be honest it's whatever. We're both not really console Fans, Thus why wanting a super PC, however we can always start being Fans. But if anybody would like to piece together a Final extreme rig we'd be more than grateful though. As I'm typing this post she's ordered an Xbox 360 with a Bo2 Case. A PS3 Slim, some super comfy lazy boy look-alike chairs and random room decorations like Fancy lighting and Posters etc.
P.S I'd like to apologise For the mess that was created earlier, I Think everyone was a bit misinterpreted, I only mean't was that budget was there if it was needed.
I already made a ridiculously specced PC everybody would drool over up there. :)

I mean, I could add on certain things like Industrial OCZ PCI-E SSD that does 2800MB/s read and write for 4 grand, the SR-X and dual 8 core Xeons with 192GB of RAM ect ect.

I already made a ridiculously specced PC everybody would drool over up there. :)

I mean, I could add on certain things like Industrial OCZ PCI-E SSD that does 2800MB/s read and write for 4 grand, the SR-X and dual 8 core Xeons with 192GB of RAM ect ect.
If you honestly want to or wouldn't mind, add anything you think will be needed to make this PC be incredible. After all this drama I For one am in Favour For just Forgetting about her PC and taking her on an early Holiday hehe. But in all seriousness if you can simply be bothered and wouldn't mind, add in any parts you think would make it an extreme PC.

is her budget enough to make a "budget" consumer grade super computer*? If so we should do that

*I dont know if these exist
I was just think all we are really trying to do is increase the budget, seeing as once you get past spending 4K on a computer its kind of way to much...

How about custom case mods? There are a bunch of sites/businesses that offer those services. It doesn't come cheap, but it makes a huge visual impact. A full tower with LEDs looks cool and all, but just do a google image search to see the kind of stuff that people come up with. You can really personalize your case and have something that no one else does.

That's something I'd definitely go for if I had the money or time & skill to do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom