Budget Gaming PC

Oh damn.. I'm just guessing but I'd say the GTX 660 is still pretty darn good, right? Almost 25% more cost than what the exact same parts cost in the U.S, just another one of the several reasons why I wish I was an American citizen hehe. I'll see if I can try and find the same parts on Novatech. I don't really know many Computer Tech/Component websites, greatly appreciate all your help though, would you mind if I messaged you if I need any more assistance? Which, being honest I really really do, despite me having a list of all the components I need I wouldn't know where to even start to look. However I wouldn't want to abuse your kindness and have you do all the research for me etc, whatever you do is obviously up to you though, you have my gratitude whatever happens.

Yea the 660 is still really good and it'll do what you want. I've seen people play the same games with far less at 1080p.

If you need more assistance then posting in this thread is probably the better because lately I'm not always on. If you put all that in the basket and purchased you would have 99.9% of everything you need. If you have an OS laying around you could use then use that. If not we need to lower some things so you can afford a new OS too. IIRC people can still do the Windows 8 upgrade for real cheap.

I guess I'd have to, however I'm not really sure what I'd lower, I need a decent Power Supply and at least 2 or 3 Decent Fans as the PC would sometimes be on for several hours on end. And I'm guessing that I can scrap Water Cooling with my budget? Before I forget though, and this is just a question but, with all the parts that you linked to me was there any Fans in there? Please don't think that I'm critising you, just a question as if there wasn't I wouldn't want to order all those parts and forget Fans hehe. I don't think I have an OS and I prefer Windows 7 Home Premium to be honest, so that's another £75 or so, and I guess I wouldn't necessarily need it, but I'd prefer a 1TB HDD, or at least 750GB so that's probably another £30. Just a question though, the Intel Core i3 Dual Core Processor, does Dual Core mean it can do two things at once? Maybe I can't be picky with my budget however would I need something better than a Dual Core? Plus a fairly decent Anti-Virus system, costing around £30-40. My budget for the PC alone was around £500-550, as I'd still need another £200 For a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse. What would you suggest, going over the parts you linked to me, what could I possibly downgrade that wouldn't make much affect on the PC's performance?

The case itself comes with fans. You wont need anything extravagant in the area of cooling because the parts listed don't run too hot. Meaning, no you don't need water cooling and no, you don't need any extra fans.

You are kind of asking a bit too much on the budget you have listed, especially being in the UK. To do what you want we would need to drop the GPU again to the GTX 650ti, which then we could get away with a lower grade CX 500 Corsair PSU. With that you could budget in the 1TB and a few extra things.

Dual core means it simply has 2 logical cores in one processor. The OS is able to balance load between two cores, and that particular CPU has HT which gives you 2 virtual cores. With the budget, unless you cut down seriously on the GPU you wont be getting a quad core CPU. For gaming, dual core is enough.

You can get good AV programs for free, Avast being one of them. You register for free and it gives you 365 days of protection. To renew this just uninstall, reinstall, and re-register.

The only things you can really downgrade is the GPU and PSU. You could skimp and get a much lower quality case but that would only down 10-15 on the price. You could go AMD, but you are already in AMD price bracket with the lower priced i3.

Alright, let's do this.. Despite the fact that the 660 Super-clocked really turns me on, I'm sure the 650Ti will still do a fantastic job. Soldier Front, RuneScape and other games that I play don't really require that much power, so I'm sure the 650Ti will do the job just fine.. Hopefully. That's alright too I guess, depending if the cut from the 650W PSU to the 500W would be a substantial amount, I'd be happy with paying the extra £10-15 for the extra 150W of Power. If it's anything more then hopefully the 500W would still do the job, I'm sure I can upgrade in time, right? Oh I didn't know that the case came with Fans, do you know what Fans come with the case? As in type/size, if not no worries. This is the last thing I'll ask of you.. Doesn't have to be now, however, sometime soon or tomorrow would you please link me the Final components? Do the downgrades that you suggested, however as I said if the 500W isn't more than £10-15 less than the 650W, I'd rather pay the extra £15 For the extra 150W of Power. As to the earlier list, with an OS and other little pieces came to around £700, I think the absolute maximum I could go to would be £600. If going above £550 is unavoidable for the parts I'd want/need then that's fine, however £600 really is the maximum, and that's at a stretch. I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to do all of this though, my knowledge of installing PC Hardware is about the same as my knowledge of why people like the music by One Direction. I guess I'd have to hire a Professional to install the components. Once again sorry for the length of this post. Many thanks once again, I can't really word how grateful I am for all your time and help, Thanks given.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it the posts lol. I've seen worse.

The 650ti will do what you want, but the other alternative is the Radeon 7850 which is faster.

The 650TX is 70 pounds vs the CX500 which is 45 (after VAT). All the differences I mentioned before are what will keep you in budget with the OS and possibly a bigger HDD.

The Corsair 200r comes with 2 120MM Corsair fans. They aren't the best but they will easily get the job done.

We can do this, but you have to pre-order the CPU.

CPU:
Intel Pentium G2120 S1155 Processor - BX80637G2120 - Scan.co.uk

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V Intel B75 Socket 1155 Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

RAM:
Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Jet Black 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 CAS 11 Dual Channel Desktop - CML8GX3M2B1600C11 - Scan.co.uk

GPU:
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked NVIDIA Graphics Card - 2GB - 02G-P4-2662-KR - Scan.co.uk

PSU:
Corsair CP-9020047-UK Builder Series CX 500W Power Supply (PSU) - Scan.co.uk

HDD:
Seagate 500Gb 3.5" Barracuda Hard Drive 7200rpm 16MB Cache - ST500DM002 - Scan.co.uk

Case:
Corsair 200R CC-9011023-WW Carbide Series Compact ATX Case Black No PSU - Scan.co.uk

Optical:
24x DVDRW from Liteon IHAS124-04 OEM Black SATA - Scan.co.uk

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM Operating System - GFC-02050 - Scan.co.uk

Alright, I'll get those parts on order! Except I think I'm going to stick with the Intel i3 CPU and upgrade to a 650W PSU, despite I said that £600 was the absolute maximum, I really wouldn't really want to have to upgrade in a couple months or years time. With the Intel i3 the total is around £615, and for the upgraded PSU I'd think an estimate of £630 is safe. With the LG E2242C Full HD 22" LED Monitor For £100. The Gigabyte Force K3 Gaming Keyboard For £20 And the CM Storm Xornet Gaming Mouse For around £20 Too. So a safe total cost of around £800, After shipping and maybe other small parts etc. Which I think isn't too bad for a budget gaming rig of this quality, agreed? Thanks a bunch for all your help!

Alright, I'll get those parts on order! Except I think I'm going to stick with the Intel i3 CPU and upgrade to a 650W PSU, despite I said that £600 was the absolute maximum, I really wouldn't really want to have to upgrade in a couple months or years time. With the Intel i3 the total is around £615, and for the upgraded PSU I'd think an estimate of £630 is safe. With the LG E2242C Full HD 22" LED Monitor For £100. The Gigabyte Force K3 Gaming Keyboard For £20 And the CM Storm Xornet Gaming Mouse For around £20 Too. So a safe total cost of around £800, After shipping and maybe other small parts etc. Which I think isn't too bad for a budget gaming rig of this quality, agreed? Thanks a bunch for all your help!

now that you have your PC on order don't leave the forums! You should stick around, you can learn lots here and we can help you with things in the future.

The Pentium and i3 are rather similar as in the only real difference is HT and some cache. The clock speeds and single threaded performance are pretty much the same though. IMO instead of the i3 you'd be better off with the better GPU but to each his own. With that motherboard you can still upgrade to a quad either way when you have more cash. Makes the most sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom