Building A Gaming Computer

Although I'm not sure what he's on about (unless he is using unsigned drivers from people while doing his Xbox hacking), but from my last experience with 8 I will not be using it and so therefor I wont be recommending it to people. I let them decide what they want as most don't like my opinion on the OS as it is.

Start8 has been around since before official release. That wasn't my problem in the least. It's got its bugs to say the least. Just a matter of time before people start finding them.

for a total of $556 you could get a
GTX560 that is better than that card, It's a good card for the money, I have this card and I can play most games on high or near high. I would get this card, anybody can tell you a 560 is a good card for the money, and a good card in general.
What do you guys think? If your willing to drop the doe get it, you wont regret it!

Not to mention, for 149 the eVGA 650ti would be a more viable option to use with the PSU I linked. The thing is, the wattage difference between the 560 and 7770 is just too great. The 7770 even consumes less watts than the 650ti by 4w while the 560 you linked consumes a whopping 220w. That's half the PSU and barely meeting 80% efficiency I wouldn't trust it powering a Fermi card.

Not to mention, for 149 the eVGA 650ti would be a more viable option to use with the PSU I linked. The thing is, the wattage difference between the 560 and 7770 is just too great. The 7770 even consumes less watts than the 650ti by 4w while the 560 you linked consumes a whopping 220w. That's half the PSU and barely meeting 80% efficiency I wouldn't trust it powering a Fermi card.

lol, my PSU is Amazon.com: Diablotek DA Series 600-Watt ATX Power Supply PSDA600: Electronics it has like 77% efficiency, thats why my power supply is 600 watts...

I prob should have just got a $50 500gb hdd instead of a 128gb ssd for $130 and used the difference to get a better power supply and graphics card, like atleast a 560 TI and a modular supply.
My PSU's wires barely reach the mobo to provide power and thats without the wire being twisted and turned. It has to go under my graphics card by a little hole, and even then it it is still bending the connector a little. Was my ssd worth it?

wow if I had bought an 1 TB HDD like I did now, I would have had $60 left over, dam I should have done that, I would spend $20 more on a PSU and $40-50 more on a gpu!

If it still works fine then the SSD was worth it. 220 + 140 is only 360. Your PSU is still rated for 600w so if you OC it'll get warm but if it has any kind of quality behind it then it should hold up.

The SSD is still a huge upgrade in terms of general performance to a PC more so than most CPU upgrades because a HDD is just literally that slow.

I have windows 8 on this laptop and it is TERRIBLE. I definitely will not be purchasing this operating system for my gaming computer xD Thank you again for your suggestions PP Mguire!

Back
Top Bottom