Windows Upgrade causing Issues

john00

Beta member
Hey guys,

I decided to upgrade my windows 7 home premium to windows 7 pro, and now all the processes are running slowly. Downloads are starting and making some progress, but then stopping completely and being unresponsive. Startup is considerably slower. I can't even ctrl-alt-delete sometimes, it gives me an error and I have not the slightest idea why.

I have an i7 2600, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 - 1GB - Single Card, 32 GB [8GB x 4 gskill ripjaw]

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or perhaps has dealt with this issue when upgrading in the past.

edit: I also forgot to mention that applications aren't closing, just freezing and not responding when attempting to close. also occasionally internet pages will cease to load though I am still connected

Last edited:
Can you use the disk for a clean install? If so you may want to backup and do that. As for why this happened. I'm not really sure. Maybe someone else has some better ideas. Have You could check event viewer in admin tools to see if there are any tips. You can also check your performance monitor while your in there.

I have to be honest I don't know why Microsoft still have upgrade options, as in my experience they tend to cause problems a lot of the time.
I would do as advised above, don't upgrade, just back up your files and do a fresh install.

Back
Top Bottom