sp1 sp2 required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rama

Baseband Member
hello again

objective
well i got xp pro and no net connection. but i got another comp with net connection and no xp. so i want to dwnlod sp 1 and sp2 to the connected mc and then transfer the setups or executalbles to the xp machine. then run those files locally and install the service packs on the xp mc.

query

can snyone provide me with the links where i can get the service packs 1&2 setups or executables.

reward
any help appreciated .
god bless you

and of course
thank you

mr major

softpedia is the coolest site related to computing downloads i ever came across.

thank you very very much :D

ps the first link dosen't work but who needs it anyway

rama,

Its better to give sp2 a shot. Cuz if it is installed and you have no problems after doing so, you will have a much better system left. Ofcourse you can uninstall if it's causing you trouble. I had no trouble at all using sp2. Its running fine.

It screwed my neighbours comp and uninstall did not fix it.
Everybody has different experiences. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

hey i can take the risk as i have nothing very important to lose. moreover i recently had a lot of problems with spywares mysteroius uploads virus. so i guess it would be worth it.

major see if i have it right. to install sp2 i do not sp1 ie. i can directly install sp2 on the stock version of xp with no mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom