what will give me better quality?

plofisto777

Solid State Member
So I just got a new monitor and was wondering which cable would give me a better picture quality. I have a monitor with hdmi, displayport, and dvi. Could someone help me out!

depends on the resolution but usually hdmi is best for 1 monitor display port is usually for eyefinity

HDMI or DVI, they give roughly the same quality at 1080p, the only benefit HDMI would have is an HDCP link for bluray playback... Don't think DVI can support HDCP.

I could be wrong, but also with the right graphics card, doesn't the HDMI port output HD sound, which VGA & DVI don't do
So you can use one HDMI cable to connect it to a TV, rather than a DVI cable and component sound cables

Yes, but he specifically has a monitor, he made no reference to if it has internal speakers that are tied to the display port or HDMI port... Any ATI/AMD GPU since the 3xxx series and up supports audio/video if the card has an HDMI or Display Port on it, nvidia, I am unsure of when they started support or if support is only on more expensive products.

I honestly hope no one uses TV or Monitor audio... Tiny speakers sound crappy...

Back
Top Bottom