Stretched screen after a windows install HELP!

Valve_Cover

Solid State Member
Hi all I'm new here this is my first post so go easy :p My girlfriends laptop was going not so good for a while so her brother formatted it and reinstalled windows vista. Now the laptop is quicker but the screen is stretched out like crazy. I'm thinking I need to install video card drivers but I cant for the life of me find drivers for her video card anywhere, even on the Acer website.

The laptop is a acer aspire5742. I would like to know what I can do to get the screen resolution corrected. Do I need new drivers? Can anything else be done? I'm not computer illiterate but i'm definitely no guru... Any help would be awesome, Thanks!

I believe if you run windows update ill get the video driver as well give that a try and see.
also have you trying right clicking on the desktop go to display and see if you can adjust resolution from there.

Last edited:
you could try slim drivers from c-net downloads, its very user friendly, also you would want to search for drivers in relation to your video card ie: I searched for the windows legacy driver for my ati raedon 2100. but the easiest method is Slim Drivers, tat way you get all of your drivers updated in one.

I wold personally use windows 7. vista has a bad reputation for a lot of good reasons and of course i wouldnt just say "get windows 7" without telling you how, :p so re:Ballis_mclongd@yahoo.com for and ill help you out with that

Just to make sure, since no one else has mentioned it...
Have you tried re-sizing in the screen resolution settings?

He stated he hasn't installed any drivers yet, so I would start with drivers before just resizing the resolution.

He stated he hasn't installed any drivers yet, so I would start with drivers before just resizing the resolution.

Yep exactly , and I did try to re-size through the resolution screen in the properties menu, but only 2 resolutions are available both of which really suck.

Oh and after a re-check I realized that it was windows 7 that was installed, not vista

Last edited:
Alrighty well after some digging on that link that CarnageX posted I located, downloaded and installed the drivers for her graphic card. everything works perfect! You guys are awesome! Thanks alot for the help!

Back
Top Bottom