Computer freezes and mouse still moves.

steve10765

Daemon Poster
Yes I have searched google!

The problem is It freezes and my mouse can still move and I cant hear sound.
My PC has been doing this since I built it(3 months), I was careful not to static shock anything, I don't think its that though, it seems to happen at certain things semi randomly, like i just froze twice on the same tech forums page 10 minutes ago(first time on tech forums). It has also frozen 2 times on a certain wesbite with some interactive map, it has also frozen on a few other websites that I dont remember. It has frozen once while gaming, and I think that was the games fault, seeing as I spend about 45% of my time gaming on my comp. It may be a software issue or something, maybe windows 7

OTHER INFORMATION
Updated NVIDIA driver
Updated SSD firmware
Memtest says I'm good
Computer Can handle a good stress test
COMP temps never exceed recommended range
My FSB is overclocked 10% but it was freezing before that
I use Mozilla Firefox, I tried Google Chrome and I froze also

Please Help

EDIT: I just froze again, here is what I was on
pandora
http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/upgrading-video-card-help-262814/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150618

Last edited:
Try to record what it is exactly you are doing when this happens. What game, what browser, what site, ect. I used to have that problem then I ditched FF but I never had that problem in game. It was also with the 5850.

Try to record what it is exactly you are doing when this happens. What game, what browser, what site, ect. I used to have that problem then I ditched FF but I never had that problem in game. It was also with the 5850.
you ditched FF? Final fantasy? what is that(FF) ?
also I updated my post with what I just froze with

Firefox.

Seems pretty random. Have you ran a virus scan lately?

microsoft security essentials
I usually do a full scan every week, I am clean(last test mon) I also have FF add ons that stop others from visiting bad sites on my comp, and add blocker wich may help with viruses

Last edited:
Do you have an extra HDD you can test? If so, try installing on that. If the freezing stops it is most likely the SSD. Also try leaving only 1 stick of RAM in to see if that helps the issue.

I just ran a scan of the OS and got a problem, here it is
Capture.PNG

I also did CHKSK or whatever its called and I had no problems

I disabled my graphics card and I still froze
(its been awhile since a last post, I test to see if my computer freezes by going to google images where its freezes %100 of the time after a few seconds)

I am 100% sure its not my graphics card.
I think its the OS, but windows only found one problem, do you know about that problem?
please reply.

EDIT: also whenever I start my computer it runs the S.M.A.R.T. test for about half a second and you can see that it all passes.

I am pretty sure its a software issue

Back
Top Bottom