Auto Restart Issue

Firstly, try running a chkdsk on the drive.

Open a command prompt as administrator, and type in the following:
chkdsk c: /f /r

It will say it cannot lock drive and ask to run on next restart. Type Y and press Enter. Then reboot the computer and let it run the disk check. It may take a while, especially on steps 4 and 5.

After that, check your RAM. Burn Memtest86+ to a disc, and let it run for a minimum of 4 hours. Get it from here: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Burn the ISO to a disc using something like ImgBurn (or built-in ISO burner if using WIndows 7).

And again, make sure GPU drivers are updated.

I've done chkdsk many times with Advanced System Care 6... I went to computer management and right clicked the gpu driver and checked for driver update... none available... as far as the memtest is concerned... that will have to be for another day... as I said this is a friends computer... a desktop at their house... I don't have any cd's here or anything in order to perform a memtest.

I've done chkdsk many times with Advanced System Care 6... I went to computer management and right clicked the gpu driver and checked for driver update... none available... as far as the memtest is concerned... that will have to be for another day... as I said this is a friends computer... a desktop at their house... I don't have any cd's here or anything in order to perform a memtest.

I would suggest running the chkdsk through Windows command prompt, as I don't know how the Advanced System Care 6 disk check works - I don't know if it's not the same as how Windows does it or not. Run the command I posted previously to run the chkdsk.

As for the GPU driver... don't check for driver updates that way. What kind of GPU is in the system? Intel? Nvidia? ATI? Go to the appropriate manufacturer website and get the latest version from their websites.

Ran MemTest 86... came up with no errors. Advanced System Care 6 runs the windows chkdsk... it's the same thing. I have no idea what GPU is in the computer... I think it's a custom build computer.

Open up device manager and expand "Display Adapters" and it should tell you what display adapter is installed.

Back
Top Bottom