£967 computer, can I still save some money but not lose too much?

Never said not to get it, I'm saying don't overclock it. Also, I'm on almost every single major tech site, I never see any Samsung OEM ICDs get recommended.

Getting a faster processer for free.... Why not!

That's why you don't see all cpus overclockable now. You could buy an i7 920 and overclock to the same speed as the model $300 or more for the cost of an aftermarket cooler.

I've run my i7 950 at 4.0Ghz for years, and my 2 xeons are overclocked to the model that easily cost $500 more.

Getting a faster processer for free.... Why not!

That's why you don't see all cpus overclockable now. You could buy an i7 920 and overclock to the same speed as the model $300 or more for the cost of an aftermarket cooler.

I've run my i7 950 at 4.0Ghz for years, and my 2 xeons are overclocked to the model that easily cost $500 more.
I don't even have to OC my i5 750 for gaming, so he doesn't need to OC a 3570k which is like 3x faster at least than my CPU. That was the point. Only OCing you should need to do is on the GPU, but we were talking about the RAM. There is no point to OC RAM if it is already at 1600.

If it's needed. When it's not, it's just extra heat and unnecessary power usage ;)

I could have my 750 at 3.8 as indicated, or even 4.2GHz but I don't because it's not needed. OCing the GPU gives much better results for gaming unless you are on something ancient. I don't even have my 580 OCed anymore because it's not needed. Try to remember we are strictly talking gaming here.

Yeh, There's no point a stock 3570k is more than enough to run any game (Provided you have a GPU which can handle them).
Like me personally, I overclocked cos Video editing takes a **** load of resources and you'll need as much power as you can.
but gaming is fine at stock (CPU)
People tend to want everything faster but for no reason besides to able to state what they have. lol

I would suggest Corsair Ram or the G Skill that ss2mysterio33 was talking about. And there really is no need to OC from 1600 to 2200 on that Ram. More than likely you'll either burn it out as soon as you OC it or it could die in a few weeks if you can find a stable setting. That kind of voltage will kill it rather easy. Hope you make a good choice.

~Xerolen

Back
Top Bottom