First time building a gaming rig- Criticism welcome

Any suggestions on a case that would be better than the one I said? I guess bigger isnt a plus, however, my room is dusty, so I need to be able to put dust filters on it.

great advice Mguire. i agree with everything youve said.

i would also like to reiterate going with a 680 over a 7970, i just switched from AMD to Nvidia 680. havent looked back. Radeon will have to come out with a complete monster to win me back.

the only thing i would say would be to go with 16 gigs of ram instead of just 8 gigs. with ram being as cheap as it is, its worth it to spend an extra $30 over a 8gig kit for 16 gig kit.

also, ill agree with Mguire about not getting a HAF932, i had the HAFX which is a beefier 932, and i didnt like it... defiantly look at anything from corsair.

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Computer Cases, Computer Cases, Corsair

I take gamin/budget into consideration. 30 bucks is 30 bucks. There seriously isn't a point in 16GB now and if/when games actually utilize anywhere near that much RAM people will be asking us about 64GB of DDR4.

By the way, just an update, I've decided that I might as well save myself an extra 50 dollars and get a nice aftermarket fan heatsink, not liquid cooling.

Only heatsink worth it that is cheap is the 212 EVO. You can get some OCing done on it but the only cooler actually worth its price is the Noctua D14. If you spending that money though it's just better to go with a Hydro.

Back
Top Bottom