More disk space SSD

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
Okay so I just purchased a 90 g SSD and I installed a few games and windows 7 and now it only has 4 gigs of space left. I understand I can't expect to have much, but I used treesize to determine some of the files that are taking up the most space and I was wondering if there was a way I can move these to my 340 gb hdd I'm using for data. I already deleted the hibernation file and disabled that.

The biggest files are

winsxs 6,932.2 MB
assembly 1,217
syswow64 1,214
pagefile.sys 8,157
System volume information 4,206

Also, when I installed my 340 gb hdd for data it had my previous windows install and all my data from my previous build. All I did was plug it in afeter windows was installed on my SSD and clicked format, but for some reason I only have 298 GB total available for some reason does anyone know why?

Thanks

What you explained is about right. I use 126 gig SSD and with windows and just a few apps installed im at a little over 90 gigs. The best way i found to do this for me without a lot of messing around is to make a folder on my large spin drive like this
Program Files (x86) Then when i install games or almost anything this is where i point the install to. So if im going to install office I will select E: which is my 500 gig drive and point it to that folder and it works on everything i have tried . I do all my games this way and have had no problems with this method. I know there is another registry tweak to make the default folder on another drive but I done need to do it since this way works for me..
I'm not sure about he 340 gig hard drive and format problems but have you tried to right click on my computer and select manage then select disk management and you can look at your drive and it will give you options in there. But to me the space used for the format sounds about right also. But im not 100% sure on that one.

Back
Top Bottom